sound modules

T

The Bastard

yo fellas jus browsin lookin at sum modules ,what are some of yur favorite modules, i was lookin for one with some beatnuts type sounds on there yall know any

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Dunno for beatnuts but, just a few.

Roland JV1080 ( the basic studio module )
Roland JV2080 ( same but improved capabilities )
Emu Proteus 2500 ( probably the biggest monster module around )
Korg Trinity rack ( cheap and good sound )
Korg 05/w ( same, cheap and good sounds )

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Beatnuts? No idea who they are.

However, if you want to sound like Vitamin Man, you'll have to get the following modules:

JV2080
XV5050
MKS50
MKS70
Proteus2000
FS1R

Take care,

Nick

T

The Bastard

they r nasty,im sure not all theyre music is sampled tho right,vitamin which is yur favorite n why

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

It used to be the 2080 because it was my first module ('98) and I could program it in my sleep...but nowadays it's the Proteus 2000 because it has so many neat ways to route modulation sources/destinations and the kick drums sound so damn good.

What about you?

Take care,

Nick

T

The Bastard

im still researching on whut to buy for hardware when i get my cream this summer,im usin software right now, i dunno if im gunna get a workstation board or an mpc with a sound module,i think the only thing keeping me from setting my final decision on the mpc and sound module is the fact that my midi lags no matter how i set the latency,which i dont feel like dealing with anymore,thanks

K

Kramit

Module and mpc definately the way to go, if u got the dough! And if u are not too keen on over doing the sampling. As far as Beatnuts goes, u could still create the same feeling or vibe of that style with a module, but of course to get any texture in the sound there would be a lot of dial and knob work. I got a PSR290 and a XV2020, maybe not as sick as the 5050 or some of the other the other ones, but come on, I'm a student, its not often I can pull a couple of grand outta my butt! I am still to get my hardware set up properly to record, but like inspectah I'll have a pain in the ass time with midi latency and what not, but I think it will pay off. In my opinion, if u want totally original sound, go the module, if u want beatnuts, start looking for latin records!

mike kilo

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
i think for their basslines they use the emu planet phatt!
i´m not sure but it sounds like this!!

peaze...

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I have an emu mophatt which has pretty good hip hop sounds in general but the drum kits get old fast

T

The Bastard

ya im straight with the drums i got tons of drum kits im particularly lookin for a module with ill synths and effexts ,mostly synths, is there any online stores that still sell new jv1080s

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Hey,

New 1080's? You'll be HARD PRESSED to find a new one, especially since they're something like 10 years old now and have been surpassed by the 2080 and XV series, which are significantly better in power and sonic quality. If you need one, why not try ebay?

Take care,

Nick

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inspectah wu
im still researching on whut to buy for hardware when i get my cream this summer,im usin software right now, i dunno if im gunna get a workstation board or an mpc with a sound module,i think the only thing keeping me from setting my final decision on the mpc and sound module is the fact that my midi lags no matter how i set the latency,which i dont feel like dealing with anymore,thanks

yo Inspectah Wu,

that midi lag thing shouldn't be happening as long as you have a decent computer.

It's worth considering hardware anyway just cause you might learn from it and get good results but if I was you I'd sort out that latency thing and try to get the most out of your current setup.

You're using FLStudio right?

T

The Bastard

yeah im usin fl studio and even if im on point with my piano rolls i always gotta go back and move shit around because the signal didnt get there in time, even my audio monitoring is lagged,i contacted m audio about it today i figured i have an m audio midi interface, m audio sound card, maybe they should be the ones trying to figure it out not u guys, sorry about that .yeah im def gunna be coppin an mpc with some disks off pro-rec.com this summer,thanks

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^^^

yo wu, check your FL Settings too and make sure they are all perfect. If still in doubt email FLStudio or check their website and forum. What your experiencing should be able to be fixed without too much trouble.

T

The Bastard

well im not sure its fl studio cuz i get the same lag when i was using reason,and like i said i even get lag when monitoring audio inputs, so well see what m audio says

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^^^

shiiit maybe try disabling any programs other than FLStudio

also try maybe "defraging" your harddrive.

also increase the "buffer size" in FL settings

there's a gang of thing that could be causing it so try as many relevant things as possible.