songs with harmonica loops?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i just bought a harmonica today. i figured i'd leave it on record and try to jam around over the beats i've been working on. i'll probably loop any worthwhile melodies that arise out of that.

if this has successfully been done i'd like to know of some songs to listen to so i have some sort of reference point. i have no idea how this is going to sound. i was raised on Bob Dylan and Neil Young so I know that a harmonica is capable of allowing the soul come across in the music. I like the idea that it can be used for rhythm or melody.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
tupac used that method alot in his songs
its all by trial and error
and listen to what sounds good
if have to try one way then take a dyoff and listen to it another day and vise verse
sometime when u give ya ears a break and come back to listen to the material it sometime sounds different

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
do you know what tupac songs? when i did a google search i came upon the song 'so many tears'....when i downloaded it i couldn't pick out the harmonica....maybe i downloaded a remix of some sort

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
do you know what tupac songs? when i did a google search i came upon the song 'so many tears'....when i downloaded it i couldn't pick out the harmonica....maybe i downloaded a remix of some sort

Its in the chorus...must be a remix.

Sonorous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL i just got a harmonica and i was just trying to incorporate it in a track to give it that blues feel

Jason7564

ill o.g.
Murs - "LA" has one I think, but thats a sample... nobody actually recorded a harmonica themselves the way you're thinking of doing.

ill o.g.
hey man, I actually did that exact same thing a while back. I dont know why but I felt like playin harmonica a while back so i picked one up and wanted to see if i come come up with anything for my beats, it was pretty hard to make anything sound too good though. I think u really gotta know how to play the harmonica to make it sound good probably more especially with hip hop. maybe u'll get lucky. The best thing I did with it was recorded me play just one note at a time and sampling those to the mpc, and I pounded out something kinda tite with it, added a bassline and a bluesey drum beat and this sample of sponge bob that I slowed down to make sound like some old southern black dude, and it came out dope.
good luck homes

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
d12 - Purple Pills ... at the end. Lol, when i hear the word harmonica, i think of that song now.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
Madvillain Album - MF Doom & Madlib - Accordian. Works very well.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Madvillain Album - MF Doom & Madlib - Accordian. Works very well.

Harmonicas are dope on a track when played on the right kind of track.
Yeah, I've done the accordian thing. Now that's gangsta! I've got that track on my soundclick page "A Thug's Confession"

members online