Song Key(s)

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I Google (albeit their accuracy regarding search results are in the shitter in today’s era) but anyone here find themselves confused about song keys as so many sites that purport to have the correct ones (Tunebat etc as I don’t know all the names of key sites until I Google) give different results?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I Google (albeit their accuracy regarding search results are in the shitter in today’s era) but anyone here find themselves confused about song keys as so many sites that purport to have the correct ones (Tunebat etc as I don’t know all the names of key sites until I Google) give different results?
I geenrally go t o tunebat or songbpm or whatever it's called... sometimes they're right, sometimes they're well off... even on tempo.

tempo i use some site to tap tempo and it averages out your taps.

For key, i usually just play notes and find the ones that sound fucked up - it's easier to find the dissonant af notes. Then when you can eliminate them you can find the key.

I suck at finding chords tho.

This is one of the very reasons I got on at you years ago to just make beats, because training your ears for this sort of thing takes a bit of experience.
I have a similar process to @Iron Keys but instead of looking for dissonant keys, I look for the key that just sounds right to my ears. From there I establish whether its in a major or minor scale by using triads.
Like most of us I have never been gifted with perfect pitch.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I have a similar process to @Iron Keys but instead of looking for dissonant keys, I look for the key that just sounds right to my ears.
The reason I take the dissonant route, is because you could play a note not in the chord (for example), but it happens to be the 7th, or 9th of the chord, so harmonically still sounds 'right.' The 'wrong' notes stick out a lot easier, and there are fewer of them. So for me, it's a quicker process.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
This is one of the very reasons I got on at you years ago to just make beats

As of recent your advice been haunting me in a good way, I'm in trust the process mode with "ignore external societal bullshit" on Autopilot.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
But you're still here talking about it. There's so much focus on everything but actually making music.
For context... I woke up this morning to listen to a beat I was making last night, and accidentally made a new beat; it's really good and only took 30mins.

I got a lot of stuff going on in life right now, lot of admin and lot of stresses that can/do get in the way of making music. But music got made. I'm not sitting around talking/thinking/posting about how society may not this or that. Just make and record sound.

2Good was in fucking hospital with his wonky heart and still made a beat and entered a battle!!!

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
If you have FL, it (along with several other DAW) have spectral analysis plugins to detect the notes to help you find the key if you don't have the ear for it.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'm @Bino5150 mainly using GarageBand iOS. Melda Productions has the free MAnalyzer and MOssilloscope I may check out re: spectral analyzer