Showcase - September 8-14, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

janis

Hey made a dark, atmospheric, hard beat this time hear and give any critic or feedback if you like :D

Erik

Battle Points: 8
^ Definitely atmospheric... you got what you were going for! Try beefing the sounds up a bit on the low end of frequencies.

Here's a little bit that I've been working on. I'm not quite sure if it's hip hop... or really what it is. A part of me thinks it's wack, another thinks it's decent. At the very least, I like the drums. Lemme know what you fellas think!

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Janis: I definitely dig the vibe you were going for. I would agree with Erik in beefing up shit. I would beef up the drums a little more in the low mid. Also, I would add a couple more elements to your drums. And possibly maybe a couple more strings in there or somethin... it still kinda sounds like a skeleton track. Overall I dig it though

Erik: Why wouldnt this be Hip Hop? I like the intro. Me personally, Im not the biggest fan of the drum roll, but you use it just fine. Everything flows rather nicely. I mean, someone could definitely rap on this, but I feel it has the malleability for other types of songs. It definitely sounds like an interlude to me to be honest. I am on laptop speakers right now, however, for the frequencies that I can hear clearly, it sounds good. I would just EQ the drums slightly. I mean shit, other than that, good shit

C

CHRIS ANDERSON

Please check out my beats. if u like them repost and share them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Chubbs66

chris anderson, i reckon the beat needs changing up a bit, maybe a few breaks - needs more dynamics. i quite like the change at 2.10

everyone else, i can't get them to play! will try again after work.

here's something i've been working on for a while. i actually started this one about 5-6 years ago then forgot about it. i found it a couple of weeks ago and found a fitting acapella and worked the arrangement around that. all the orchestral sounds are courtesy of this ancient vsti called edirol orchestral. still a great plugin other than the fact that you have to save the instrument after making changes as it doesn't save it's state when you save the track.

V

Verlichting2

Hey i just sign up here and i wanne share my beats with you all

Check out my dubstep remix form Eminem - The monster

Check out my Ludachris remix with some jazzy hip hop style

Check out my real wofl undergroud remix

Ill hope you will enjoy them

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Janis: love when that chorus comes in. I like the deep evil side off this. I'm thinking maybe smoothen out the drums a bit, but i like this.

Erik: Now this sounds interesting. more off this. i would try go crazy with any instrument and let it live its own life over this. very, very nice put together! i like the drums aswell. don't know if your using a xylophone but that sound comes in so nice and works perfectly with the rest. great work...
--
ohh, and here is another one. Hey, this is amazing work. really like this style Erik.

Chris Anderson: There are some freq work left on this i think. Nice chord progression.

Chubbs66: Base and stabs works good tighter. I would like to get the vocals higher, but now i have this challenge myself. Good work, like how you change it up.
----------

So, I'm learning a new program(ableton), first song out of it.
A remake of "Kraftwerk - The Model"

Chubbs66

^^ I always tend to have my vocals a bit low, just my taste, i guess but point taken!

janis - still won't play unfortunately.

erik - first one still won't play for me.

second one - slick production, everything fits in well together, nice atmosphere.

third one - nice, i like that sub sound, didn't know what to expect after that but it all works together nicely. would go nice with an intense vocal sound, i'm imagining taliq queli on his harder tracks

Verlichting2 - first one won't play for me

second one - some nice samples, the drums could use some work, a bit of eqing and work on dynamics / levels. heaps of potential.

third one - hard to listen too, maximized to the point of distortion, watch your levels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online