Showcase - September 5-11, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Miles

@Skemez.518 very unique I'll give you that bro, agree with no nonsense though drums are non existent apart from the clap

@NONONSENSEBEATS quite a minimal beat suppose for a spacey type vibe that's quite a cool concept, nice one

Been on this the past few weeks hope my name is starting to look familiar, went totally different with this one with a more traditional drum style with the J Cole vibes!

KZA

Prada Don
@Skemez.518 Sounds video game - ish thats pretty cool, the drums need some work tho, they need to have a groove and a few switchups.
@NONONSENSEBEATS I like the drums, the melody needs to be louder and have more reverb (or maybe i just dont hear the reverb cuz the melody isnt loud enough, either way) to give it that spacey vibe you were probably going for.
@Dan Miles Great vibe, great sample, I would've used a different snare personally but the groove is dope, great bass. I like it.
@saaid I think melody is really cool. As for the drums, I don't really like the mix of it but i love the "dancehall" kinda groove that comes in every now and then. The part at 2:20 has a great vibe.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Skemez.518 - I dig the piano, the synth and the bass. The track sounds pretty dry, I would suggest some reverb, the piano has a great timbre it just needs to fit in with everything else better. Good job tho

@NONONSENSEBEATS : I really like the drums, I think adding another instrument around 0:48 might make it even better. Synth bass sounds great. I like it

@Dan Miles : This is dope. Very well composed and very well mixed. I could see J. Cole rapping over it but it really reminds me of a J Dilla type beat. Nice timbre on the bass too.

@saaid : Nice “dancehall” vibe that KZA was talking about. I personally didn’t see too much wrong with the drums, the snare just reminded me more of hip hop and it made wonder if it was supposed to be a more dancehall production or a hip hop production. Maybe you wanted it to be ambiguous, if so then props for maintaining your vision. Either way, it sounds good

@KZA : Nice beat, you really captured the minimalism of Future type productions. I thought the opening synth was a little too buzzy and then I thought that the synth that came in at 1:10 and at 2:30 clashed with the frequency spectrum that the first synth was in. Other than those timbral characteristics, it was pretty good.

Here's my beat

Last edited:

saaid

PurpleCrow
thanks for the feedback and nice work @KZA and @Chad those are the kinda of beats i usually struggle with,

First @Chad i think you did a really good job on the drums and i really struggle with drums. i like how the Melody works really well with the drums, for me i think i can make a good melody but struggle with the drums to go with it, and i also agree with kza about the extra synth being a little out place but overall good work man you creating a beat that could easily be rapped to.

and @KZA man love you beat great work on the sampling (i still have no idea how to use them). but ye really nice chill vibe kinda puts me in a dreamy state thinking about life and shit. and i really love the melody that plays with the sample give me a kinda gives me an 80s vibe. great work.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Dan Miles I like this shit bro. Real old skool viibe to it. Nice work

@KZA yo thats a nice beat bro. I could def hear a Future type mafucka on this. Nice mix too. Good work

@Chad I like that sample real well. Im not feeling the hats tho. The bass sounds a bit rough too. I think if u put a smooth bass and chilled the hats out alil this beat could b real nice. Just my opinion tho. Nice job overall

Everyone else...U gets no feedback cause y'all didnt give any feedback.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
thanks for the feedback and nice work @KZA and @Chad those are the kinda of beats i usually struggle with,

First @Chad i think you did a really good job on the drums and i really struggle with drums. i like how the Melody works really well with the drums, for me i think i can make a good melody but struggle with the drums to go with it, and i also agree with kza about the extra synth being a little out place but overall good work man you creating a beat that could easily be rapped to.

and @KZA man love you beat great work on the sampling (i still have no idea how to use them). but ye really nice chill vibe kinda puts me in a dreamy state thinking about life and shit. and i really love the melody that plays with the sample give me a kinda gives me an 80s vibe. great work.

@saaid : Did you possibly mix my beat and KZA's beat up? I had the one with the sampling and made the comment about the synth on KZA's beat. I'm not trying to deflect criticism from my work, just trying to get the most applicable feedback

Skemez.518

Beatmaker
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Glad it's liked for the most part. I agree on the drums.
My feedback:
@NONONSENSEBEATS- ur mixes be clean bro, i felt like the beat was a little empty tho
@Dan Miles- nice work bro. I really dig piano melodies, and that snare roll is dope.
@saaid-i feel like KZA, dancehall-ish melody but drums weren't really to my liking
@KZA i like it. Nice job
@Chad - that sample is dope bro
@anarchos i like that snare roll u got in there.

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland
@Jonlen not sure the type of style its suppose to be enjoyed some elements of it but keep it up bro
@Chad that samples dope like how you used it
@KZA nice fam what type of kits you use for the drums ?

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Skemez.518 yo that flip is dope to me. Nice job

@WalterxBlanco I like it. Its dark as hell. I feel like it needs another tone or something tho.The lack of another tone makes it sound a bit repetitive imo. Other than that dope beat

@Jonlen bro u gotta put more elements in your beats. This is hard to comment on because there is just so much missing. I will say that you coudl def get it to nice beat status but it needs sum work. I hope nobody takes offense to my comments. These are just my opinions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online