Showcase - October 24-30, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@DamskiDam : Great beat.I like the bass synth throughout and the lead synth fit well with the entire track and created a sinister mood. Drums were great too. Nice work.

@NONONSENSEBEATS : I like the industrial type sound of the beat. It makes it very versatile. I could see it being used for a hip hop musician, as a backing track for a rock artist, or even in a documentary. I also like what every filter settings you used on the filter that plays throughout.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
@DamskiDam : Nothing personal against you bro, but I really don't understand that trap sound...so it makes it hard for me to critique those beats
@NONONSENSEBEATS : I love the overall mix of this beat...the way you put the hats in the background, instead of WAY up front like some beatmakers do. Props for making the effort to not annoy me with overpowering hats. The only thing I wasn't feeling was the reverb on the snare, when the rest of the drums were dry. It stands out like a sore thumb.
@Chad : BRUH, this sample is SO DOPE...the experimental drums on this killed it for me. If this had a simple R&B drum pattern with claps instead of a snare, this beat would be fire! I pictured Tyrese blowing notes on that intro alone!
@anarchos : Um, not really sure what direction you were going with this beat, but I couldn't listen to more that 20 - 30 seconds of it. Sorry duke.

UPDATE: I just finished listening to your beat in it's entirety, and it's actually not a bad beat. The over all mix is great, with the exception of the clap being a little too loud compared to the kick. It's got a nice chill vibe

Per suggestion of some of the other members on here, I re-tweeked this one:

Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Chad bro that sample is fresh. I gotta agree with @Beautiful Noise on the drums tho.

@anarchos it wouldn't let me listen to ur beat for some reason

@Beautiful Noise I like bro. Got a mad 90s eastcoast vibe to it.

@Edgar "Pilogue" is pretty dope bro. I really like them keys with the filtered drum behind it. Nice work. It wouldn't let me play ur other beat.

@wesley grider that beats wild. The mix is a bit all over the place. I like all the elements to it tho. Just tighten up the mix.

Chad

@Beautiful Noise : I like the sample choice and how well the drums are mixed with the whole beat. I thought that the snare could be compressed a little better. Dope tag too.

@Edgar : Nice sample choice, and I like the additional synths. The drums seemed to overwhelm the beat a little bit though. Otherwise, nice job.

After seeing some of the feedback, I made some changes to the drums on the beat that I posted Monday. Tell me what you think.
Nothing here yet.

MickMain

Battle Points: 2
@DamskiDam
Hard beat man! Those drums are punching and the bassline is too ill! love the lil break as well with the synth coming in!
@NONONSENSEBEATS
Good beat man, the drums are nice and I like how the sample just makes you feel wired man but its sick
Like the synth melody as well
@Chad
I like the samples man great choice, the drums are good I like the groove you use,
the only thing is when the guitar comes in it siunds a bit cluttred to me
Good job on the re dit as well sounds much better
@Beautiful Noise
Yo loving this man, great groove and sample choice bro!
Love the snare and hi hats on this man ill stuff
@Edgar
Nice man, the first one is ill I love the intro and the drop into thos drums.
The groove you got going really sets it off man, I can hear Earl Sweatshirt on that for some reason
@wesley grider
Love the experimental stuff you got going on man, I do agree tho the mix needs work,
try and tame some of the sounds that are going on, other than that nice!
That second one tho man!!! Love that synth and the drums man its just sick man love it!
@cole g.
I like the transition into the drums man, that arp you using is nice!
Maybe work on those chords, they drop at a certain point and it doesnt sound right, to me any way
Overall tho good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.