1. The results of the Warzone Beat Battle are in! See what went down.

Showcase - November 5-11, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    **RULES**
    You MUST leave feedback or your post will be removed.

Post your beats!

And please provide feedback.

2. Matt-D

Matt-D

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    Had a little time this weekend so I decided to try some improv over Pharrell's "I Really Like You" instrumental. Had a lot of fun with this, gotta love Pharrell's beats

sithproductions and JAY UNO like this.
  3. .introspective

.introspective

4. .introspective

.introspective

I've never heard that song but I know Pharrell Williams is one dope producer and unless my ears have decieved me, you are a beast with them keys, I wish I could play like that, how long you been playing?

Drago Zetić likes this.
  5. Alejandro

Alejandro

@Matt-D Good playing over the instrumental. I really enjoyed the beat and honestly for me it was new stuff. I will check the original song for sure.
    @.introspective I tried to listen to it but with my phone speakers I can't hear it well honestly and my PC still broken... I'll try to hear later when my headphones come back from guarantee. However honestly I don't know so much about remixing so I can't say what to improve.

6. Alejandro

Alejandro

Here is some of my first beats that I never received a feedback before. I don't have new stuff since my PC is broken so that's what I can upload for now.

Copyno likes this.
  7. Matt-D

Matt-D

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    @.introspective thanks bro! I have been playing on and off for about 7 years I wish I practiced more consistently. Your J Cole remix sounds good up until the singing hook it's out of sync and out of tune. But the concept is good though. Yeah I love that song and it's definitely worth checking out.
    @Alejandro that melody is very catchy however I think better drum sounds would work and bring it out, but it's headed in the right direction. Nice Work.

8. Copyno

Copyno

neverend
    Battle Points:
  9. JAY UNO

JAY UNO

ILLIEN
    Battle Points:
    @Matt-D I like how you just do you, your remix game is on point and I really enjoy a lot of your work. That harmonica was super dope. I really respect the fact that you are on the keys. yeah anyone who does beats has got to give it up to pharrell. I remember when I was in high school pharrell produced that clipse record. I was like Brr!! What happened to that boy!! Keep it up.
    @Copyno I pay attention to drums a lot and I like the way the kick pops in my headphones, and some of the synth/melody sounds good sonically. Im Really not in to this style of music so I cant say do this, that and third, but this ones sounds good to me. Oh, lose the 3 808s at the end haha peace.
    @introspective you've been doing them chill ass beats that I like, heard you last week and was kinda vibing. As for this remix you got, it all sounds good but I think the timing or something is off with the hook, but other than that I think you got something there. Keep working on it and you'll find what you want.
    @Alejandro yeah the piano sample is not bad, but I would definately lose that snare, not to offend anybody, but stock sounds should be off limits. Invest in some drum packs or even dig for drum breaks, find a snare that sounds good with your beat, and just work it. You dont need a whole lot to make a dope beat, you just need the right sounds. Keep working at though, you'll get it.

I won't post anything but I see some battles coming up, I'm getting in all of them. All you boom bap kats who do the 90s sample style come through and listen.

10. The Thrillz

The Thrillz

www.thethrillz.com
    @.introspective The piano melody is pretty solid but you need to add a bassline and maybe change the snare.
    @Copyno This beat goes hard! I really like the melody and the sound selection and I wouldn't change anything. Keep up with the good work!

- - - - - - -
    Dropped a new beat "Haze". LMK what you think

11. C-RuZe

C-RuZe

@Matt-D dope remix brotha always digging your remixes!

@Alejandro the beat is cool but not really feeling the piano you chose I feel it could sound better with a different piano

@Copyno super dope beat I love how it keeps changing and going hard good stuff

@The Thrillz another good beat brotha, I can def hear a big time rapper on this one

@.introspective the remix is dope like the piano a lot good work

Copyno and The Thrillz like this.
  12. C-RuZe

C-RuZe

Here’s a beat I made. I’m a real amateur at this so please feel free to rip me a new one

13. C-RuZe

C-RuZe

Sorry was my first time posting not sure how to delete the previous one.... all feedback is appreciated.

14. sithproductions

sithproductions

I really like the intro. You have quite a lot going on but I think it's really dope tbh. Wouldn't have expected a beat like that judging from the beginning. I like it though.

15. sithproductions

sithproductions

@The Thrillz
    Dope beat. I like the vibe. The 808 is also fire
    It sounds similar to LGoony - Heilig btw

The Thrillz likes this.
  16. sithproductions

sithproductions

Maybe you could tell me what you think. I use GarageBand on my phone so I'm somewhat limited.

17. Yogi Beatz

Yogi Beatz

@The Thrillz : Wow nice dark beat bro! That drop goes hard af w/ the bass and drums. Honestly this seems professionally done, even the mixing is perfect. It does drag on a bit as the main melody gets a bit repetitve, i wouldve shortened it to like 3min, but yea other than that its dope!

@sithproductions : Lit hi hats, nice intro and dope ass bass! I dig the arrangement, that first part hits hard af. And that ding sound fits so well aha. Not a fan of the static noise on the 2nd verse but good work, keep it up!

Would appreciate it if you guys could check out my new beat I just posted. Took a while to finish but i finally did it! Lmk what you think :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    sithproductions and The Thrillz like this.
  18. C-RuZe

C-RuZe

Sorry guys I don’t know what happened to the last one I tried to post but hopefully this one works. Just a basic beat i made form a a sample I’m really new at this so please all feedback is appreciated

19. sithproductions

sithproductions

@C-RuZe
    I like your beat. I mean it's a sample but the drums fit together nicely to the beat and the sounds you used are also dope.

20. VCFan1001

VCFan1001

4bar loop

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.