Showcase - May 16-22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@DeCrescendo not the kind of style I'm listening to but I gotta say it has something epic to it. The mix is very clean, it's diversified and the picture from Interstellar fits to the feel it gave me. There's this one glitch at 2:07 - 2:08. Not sure if it's intended but to me that short little sound sticks out. And because the mix is clean, I think you can gain a little more volume in your mastering section [not saying the beat is too quiet, but there's more in it, you know]. Altogether pretty dope

my latest joint

Erik

Battle Points: 8
@DeCrescendo not the kind of style I'm listening to but I gotta say it has something epic to it. The mix is very clean, it's diversified and the picture from Interstellar fits to the feel it gave me. There's this one glitch at 2:07 - 2:08. Not sure if it's intended but to me that short little sound sticks out. And because the mix is clean, I think you can gain a little more volume in your mastering section [not saying the beat is too quiet, but there's more in it, you know]. Altogether pretty dope

my latest joint

This is good... I liked the guitar playing during the intro (Will Arnett?)... but it left me wanting more. I liked the simple melody and it worked well there. I was excited when it built to having a few more layers/sounds. It gave the beat more density without changing the tone/feeling. It maintained that mellow, but purposeful and a little dark vibe. This beat strikes me as a track that'll be the meat to an album. Somewhere in the middle, and won't have the drive and sparkle of a single. I see it having a concept built around it... something really creative and introspective.

Here's a little something that I'e been working on. I've been trying some new things with this beat. I started it two weeks ago after picking up some new string VST's. I stumbled across some Harps and started playing some chords and melodies. Everything sounded too stiff and didn't have any life, so I decided to take the melody and chop it up and piece together a series of samples. It worked perfectly, it gave the track some personality and texture, it gave it some bounce.

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@DeCrescendo Them 808 are crazy dude. Dope

@Spuntastic Dope song. Pretty mellow

@Erik Has a dope westcoast feel to it, but I think you should add a baseline to it. That would murder it.

@NuNu I was rapping on your track. Get the right MC on it to kill it. Dopeness..

I've decided to share a snippet of Hova this time. One of my first tracks so its pretty outdated..

NuNu

Battle Points: 19
@DeCrescendo Them 808 are crazy dude. Dope

@Spuntastic Dope song. Pretty mellow

@Erik Has a dope westcoast feel to it, but I think you should add a baseline to it. That would murder it.

@NuNu I was rapping on your track. Get the right MC on it to kill it. Dopeness..

I've decided to share a snippet of Hova this time. One of my first tracks so its pretty outdated..

Thanks. Much appreciated !! That track of yours was HOT ! Had me bobbin' & squinting like I had the Henney face ! LOL

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
@Spuntastic Really like the intro but feels like it needs something else when the beat kicks in. Got potential though.

@Erik Good harp sample. Got an old school nas feel to it.

@NuNu Unusual melody/style. Think this track would benefit from some meatier drums. Maybe a little reverb on them or just make them a little crisper so they cut through.

@Klypse Quality remix. Think I'm gonna have to get this acapella and give it a go myself. maybe a grime version:) Good work on the beat.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@DeCrescendo very clean beat, well built, nice melodies, nice mix
@Erik very mellow I like it but I would want more variations, your outtro sounded like it could rather be a bridge
@NuNu I like your synths, not a big fan of your drums tho, they lack dynamism
@Klypse oldschool intro, well done beat, nothing bad to say about it, nothing that good either, it's clean but I expected more personality from you on that one.

Something "regular"

Then I figured I'd use my piano again

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@Erik Yep, Will Arnett as Mr.Horseman. Definitely bouncing. Love them "bells" kicking in at 0:37 and bounce together with the drums, makes it so much more dynamic. Would love to hear a long version with a tight rap over this.
@NuNu Much respect for this composition. Maybe some more EQing when all them synths come together. Sounds a little squashed at around 1:16. I'd cut some frequencies a bit there. I like the heavy kick, you should try some sidechain compressing to make it stand out just a little more to really feel the deepness of it.
@Klypse chillz man. Don't even need JayZ on this. Could blaze to that beat all day

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@DeCrescendo yo I think this beat is dope! It has a lot of emotion to it. Real nice mix too. Good work on that.

@Spuntastic I dig this beat bro. It has a real chill vibe to it. I do feel like it needs a bit more variation tho. Nice beat tho.

@Erik this shits dope bro. I agree with @Klypse tho a nice bassline would make this shit pop real nice.

@NuNu Good beat! Had me spittin to it. Nice work. Hit me up if you ever wanna collab on something

@Klypse I like this shit bro! Makes me wanna put some of my old remixes on here lol. Fits the song good. Nice job.

@Hadoq that "Machinery" is dope bro. Love them tones! Strange beat. I like it alot.
the "Minimal Output" was decent. Something about it I'm not feeling tho. I can't really put my finger on it tho.
"Heroic" that shit right there is sexy lol! That is some ol game a chick music right there lol. Dope shit!

Here is one I have been working on
Nothing here yet.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@DeCrescendo really dope beat like the mix nice transitions
@Spuntastic really feelin this one nice work using different sounds to keep it engaging
@Erik dope melodies liking the dark vibe and that looped choop is nice sounds like a vocal maybe horn but its smoove
@NuNu feeling the haunted vibe would be great in a video game soundtrack
@Klypse killed them shits nice work man
@Hadoq what i dig about what you do is you never know what the fuck your gonna do next haha nice work man

And mine was a sudden burst of inspiration while making presets and loops for the Contest sample pack all of these sound will be in it

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Just had a listen to the tunes that have been uploaded since.

@Hadoq Machinery - Very Strange intro but interesting. Think the tune would benefit from some more breaks/variation
Minimal Output - Very chillled out. Quite like this beat. Think the vocal/speaking sample in the background works well.
Heroic - Lovely piano, Best of the three. Like the mix of synths and piano.

@tomkillsjerry Good mix as always! - Like the way the intro builds. Good drop but think it could sound more epic if there was another layer of something going on. Overall very good though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online