Showcase - May 11-17, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ABSEED

Here is a track I recently made. It's named after the part of San Diego I live in.

Nice beat man made my head bounce, but I think the kick and the snare has to be much more thicker.

What do u guys think about this one?

Spiegel

Battle Points: 1
some really nive vibes in this thread. Here is mine...

I really like the vibe of it all, I just feel that the sample you use gets really repetitive after the first couple of bars. You should add some more parts from that sample to form a more complete beat. Repetition is good but it still needs to be interesting.

To kick it off new joint i got.

I really fucking dig this man. I feel like you should modulate that main synth that leads at the drop a little bit more in a rhythmic way. I feel like that would give it more depth. Also a little bit of twitch in the drums would make this track a monster.

Here's my most recent beat...

Last edited by a moderator:

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
@PhDBeats I like your boom bap beat man, nice old school vibes! But in my opinion you could add a bass line.

I agree on that although I couldn't get a good sounding one when I experimented. I am not a huge fan of baselines, but I do understand their importance in hiphop. They are kind of deceiving, but when you hear them, you understand how much of an integral part they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online