Showcase - March 9-15, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Ok..well I tried posting in last week's section..but I had issues...

Let's try again...

Let's try again...

argh...it's still not posting my soundcloud link..sorry I feel like a total noob right now..:eek:

worst case scenario..hit the link in my signature...and find "love and chaos"..that's what I was trying to post..or hey..check anything else out. yo.

Last edited by a moderator:

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@bluesky : Cool heavy drums, maybe some swing to the drums would be nice, sounds a bit to quantised. I love the pad that is coming in:) to The end aswell, this synth work your doing here is fantastisk. Really digg it..

Here is a snippet of a new song: soundcloud.com/kdvs - Bror

Battle Points: 8
@bluesky : Cool heavy drums, maybe some swing to the drums would be nice, sounds a bit to quantised. I love the pad that is coming in:) to The end aswell, this synth work your doing here is fantastisk. Really digg it..

Great, very dark and atmospheric, enjoyed it alot.

the beat is produced by me and i also did the mixing and mastering, respect for my bro KMC for the insane rap :) Let me know what you guys think!

bluesky

It's there, you don't see your beat?

nope it just looks blank to me...ok..well as long as I know others can see it I can live with it ;p

Great, very dark and atmospheric, enjoyed it alot.

the beat is produced by me and i also did the mixing and mastering, respect for my bro KMC for the insane rap :) Let me know what you guys think!

Very cool production & rap stylings! You obviously love your synths too..hehe...My only comment is it felt the mix overall sounded over compressed..like it didn't have enough room to breathe..but that could also be youtube compression...nice work!

Nice man...I really like the vocal arrangement in this especially..your work has lots of good melodic structures..what do you call this style? :)

namesi

Battle Points: 4

Let's try again...

argh...it's still not posting my soundcloud link..sorry I feel like a total noob right now..:eek:

worst case scenario..hit the link in my signature...and find "love and chaos"..that's what I was trying to post..or hey..check anything else out. yo.

Very clean mix. I don't think you need to add any swing to this. I think the precision on the drums works with the track. You have some nice sound selection in here. Good stuff man!

Here is some chillness

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
nope it just looks blank to me...ok..well as long as I know others can see it I can live with it ;p

I have the same issue when I'm on my tablet or celly. I don't know why the flash doesn't work on those devices, so I have to use the laptop to listen. Very annoying tho

TheRealAGE

LOOOOVE that piano! And the vocal sample that comes in is dope too!!

Here is my latest one! One of my favorite beats that I've put together!!

Very clean mix. I don't think you need to add any swing to this. I think the precision on the drums works with the track. You have some nice sound selection in here. Good stuff man!

Here is some chillness

bluesky

Here is some chillness

Thanks man. Yeah I had another listen and I think the drum feel is right for the arrangement. Cheers for the feedback :)

This is really nice work. I like what you did with the kick patterns here + sense of space..:)

NAMESI!

Oh yeah...I completely failed to mention that cool beat you posted...everything here is pretty much perfect..sample selection..feel..drum choices.... I feel like maybe that rimshot could have a shade more 'verb on it so it moves a tiny bit further back into the mix...but..hey..it's personal taste..maybe you prefer it as an accent..nice work :)

I have the same issue when I'm on my tablet or celly. I don't know why the flash doesn't work on those devices, so I have to use the laptop to listen. Very annoying tho

Hmm...I booted up safari as a test and the links display fine...maybe it's a chrome thing? for the record I have adblocker disabled on this domain, so that's not causing a problem..

the troubleshooting continues..

KDVS

ILLIEN
@Blackbird Beats : Eyo, this is very good, im a synth fan, and love these sounds, great beat, and these raps are really good. Also like how the strings breaks it up, good hihats aswell..

@bluesky : hey, thank you for feedback. Vocal has been my focus the last year or so, so really glad you liked it. I dont know what to call the style, more interested in what you would call it. Hiphop has been my life for so long, i still feel im making hiphop, but i guess im floathing around in other genras. I dont like bounderies.. Sorry, my english, hope you understand me. Haha.. :)

Jonny J

Sample everything
Battle Points: 35
random beat

Therealage nice beat ( reminds me on Blessed from Q :D )

namesi

Battle Points: 4

What language is this? I would like to know what the lyrics are. I like the the overall tone of this track though!

This is a sexy beat! I love the vocal sample. This is really well done. The drums are perfect. Do you have a soundcloud, I would like to follow you!

T

th'Aroe

What language is this? I would like to know what the lyrics are. I like the the overall tone of this track though!

This is a sexy beat! I love the vocal sample. This is really well done. The drums are perfect. Do you have a soundcloud, I would like to follow you!

Yeaa man, well rounded track. Spacey vocals and the minimal drums fit nicely... Good vibes, I dig.
I have trouble getting a clean, yet airy sound like you did on the vocals. Maybe its because I use my computer mic for sampling... Did you do anything special with EQ or effects?? Drums mixed nicely too, well done..

Here's my first soundcloud post...

TheRealAGE

I got a soundcloud for my personal music www.soundcloud.com/therealage ...my youtube channel is for my beats! you can subscribe to me!!

KDVS

ILLIEN
@namesi : Hey, The language is Norwegian.:) " Its about my brother meeting a bully in school, but instead of fighting, my brother say to him: - what is it that is so bad whit you, that makes you want to hurt me". I really liked how he fixed that, so made a song.

I also like the tone of your track aswell sir. Great its alot of submissions on here:)

R

RZNGSUN

random beat

I love the way you chopped the samples in this, it has a very new york sound to my ears. Something I could hear Action spitting over to

I'm new here, this track has a lot of electronic influence

$ensei

@RZNGSUN Dope Intro , Snare just needs a little more life but awesome track homie.

My first beat posting , something new I've been working on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online