Showcase - March 7-13, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jordan Pouncey

@Watch Yourself: Smooth, I like it. 808 Comes in at all the right places lol. This is deff something I could fall asleep too, it's ambient af.
@Forgive: Piano's good, Rise is good, Could do without the horns/brass at @00:20-00:38 (Maybe that's just me). Other than that I love it, kinda christmas-y. :) Mad skills man!

Mine:

River Cruz

Battle Points: 6
@Marc Duncan The melodies for both songs are really smooth and the bass is crazier, you really got a knack for trap style drums, they come out sick. both of the tracks are bangers.

@Jordan Pouncey All the tracks were heat. My favorite however was Headknockers, those keys and the 808 were killinggg it, the choir in the back had me bugging. Great job on everything

@Solo Bro! That track was fucking beautiful. The intro was retarded. The way you used the samples was sick. Everthing about it was heat.

Let me know what ya think

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20

Really like Forgive! Good bass carries the song!

Let me know what you think. I wanted to get an acapella for this beat but couldn't find one with the same time signature! The beat is a bit softer than I would have liked!

This one is the instrumental to a remix I did on my youtube Channel.

@Marc Duncan Nice work. Both tracks sound good as usual.
@Jordan Pouncey Dope stuff, your mixing if very clean. They're all bangers. Your drums are on point. Melodies too.

Here's one I just finished

Great Sample work man! Love the guitar licks creeping in!

Last edited by a moderator:

wddby

Let me know what you think. I wanted to get an acapella for this beat but couldn't find one with the same time signature! The beat is a bit softer than I would have liked!

This one is the instrumental to a remix I did on my youtube Channel.

Those synths are nice man! It harmonizes with rest of the beat. I like the second one more, this melody!

Let me know what you think guys.

Those synths are nice man! It harmonizes with rest of the beat. I like the second one more, this melody!

Let me know what you think guys.

great use of effects bro turned simple sounds into complete instrumentation

@Jordan Pouncey Dope stuff, your mixing if very clean. They're all bangers. Your drums are on point. Melodies too.

another bomber bro

Finally getting a beat posted early in the week for a change:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dame G.

@MtlMc reaaly dope bro, i like this style a lot. great work on this man keep it up!

Here's my new beat i posted today.. subscribe for more!

Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan wasnt really feeling forgive, wasnt a fan of the arrangement or sound selection. but your 2nd joint I enjoyed the 808 and the hat pattern but the instruments that came in at 1:10 and shortly there after just didnt really agree with my ears. keep at it!

@Jordan Pouncey run away cop reminds of jumpan, nice breakdown at 1 min. I enjoyed the one at 1:20 secs too, only thing I'd say is the low end needs to thump a little bit more but great work otherwise

ur 2nd joint is literally a jumpan remake tho right? lol

@Solo nice sample flip and dope icon!

@River Cruz dope track , could be mysterious film score!

@mATTHEWdUNCAN nice track! was waiting for a kick to come in tho, and it never did :(

Last edited:

Sheen Sheep

@Watch Yourself: Smooth, I like it. 808 Comes in at all the right places lol. This is deff something I could fall asleep too, it's ambient af.
@Forgive: Piano's good, Rise is good, Could do without the horns/brass at @00:20-00:38 (Maybe that's just me). Other than that I love it, kinda christmas-y. :) Mad skills man!

Mine:

Production is on point with all the three tracks, they're bangers! It's easy to notice the jumpman influence on the first two songs. The pitching of the 808s was very creative and well done but I would prefer the 808s to have a much harder thump. Amazing work

Not a big fan of the intro, but when it got so much more interesting 0:27 and when the beat dropped I was amazed! The samples were used perfectly for this track and there was a high production value. Great work

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online