Showcase - June 5-11, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvsmine

@Marc Duncan all three of those beats go in! Loved the intro/breakdown to Magma, definitely wasn't expecting to get as hype as it did. Also loved the hats on it, great job! My fave of the three though would be Paradise, but honestly all three were dope. Keep up the great work

Here's the tracks on my latest tape:

44Beatzz

Ruhrpott / Germany
Battle Points: 143
@jvsmine I like your style. "Lotus" and "Your Love" are my favorites.
Nice drums... Maybe the Hi-Hats are a bit loud but overall
very good!

I had a short producing break but here is my first beat after the break.
I only had headphones so i hope the mix is okay.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
couple of new beats, I did put acapellas as placeholders tho but the 2nd links are the beats alone

new stuff, tried different things

Beat by itself:

beat by itself:

Something very different, just wanted to share with you, I'm attempting to compose a traditional mass with choir and synths (most likely percussions and organ as well)
Using Kontakt libraries for choir for now, hopefully we can perform it live with an actual choir.

Don't need to leave a feedback, it's very very different than what is usually posted here, just thought I wanted to share, some of you may appreciate

@Marc Duncan
1st one and 2nd one, not a big fan, the 3rd one is very nice actually, great stuff !

@jvsmine
Juno: very nice and smooth, loving it, loving the pads
Lotus: same, love your style, can't go wrong with rhodes samples
Your love: more of the same, I'd love to hear different vibes also, but you're very good at this

really doesn't like the "watermark" thing tho, your style is your signature, nobody can steal your style and no one serious would use an mp3 found on the internet for professionnal production. my $.02

@44Beatzz
not a big fan, the loop gets repetitive fairly quickly, the sound is a little flat overall, the drums sound a little generic and not very powerful, sorry, just keep at it tho.

Last edited:

SandmanP

Battle Points: 1

@Marc Duncan dope tracks keep up the good work , I always see you posting dope tracks :D
@jvsmine Drums in Juno go hard i like the bounce u got going on it..great work! I also like that sample in Lotus!
@44Beatzz needs some work kind of repetitive, I can tell you used headphones to make this track the dynamics are off.. other than that this track could be dope if you put some more work into it.
@Hadoq very interesting mixes I really do like the beats tho 284 is very dope.

Please review and let me know what you guys think.

Hadoq

@SandmanP
1st beat, not quite sure if I like this one or not, the hats are kinda noisy and they don't really make anything groove, and I'm not sure about the offkey stuff. Now the overal sound still has something to it, which tells me, to a degree that this is how you express your style, and that I do respect a lot, it doesn't sound like anything else, it has interesting parts to it, but overall, I don't think it's really good.
My take on this, is that you do have something really interesting going on, stylistically, and you definitely should work on it, because at some point, not only will it be good, but it can be really good, and very unique. (I do make the distinction between what I would qualify as good, and stuff that I do like. For example I think the beatles are really good, but I don't really like their music, in your case, I really like your music, but this particular track I didn't find very good) no offense intended, we all make tracks that are better than others.

now onto your second track (listening as I type)
More "classical" style here, I love your OTT tuned kick, I maintain, your music has something to it, you should definitely work on developping your own style, you got talent man, you really do. This forum is a good place to be if you want to make huge progress, there are amazing artists hanging out around here and you will get very helpful advice, just keep posting your music.

PS: thanks for your kind words, they're appreciated.
PS²: now I'm not a mod or an admin here, and it's definitely not my place to say anything. So this is how I understand this thread is supposed to work, please do correct me if I'm wrong. When I post some music for feedback, I make sure to *first* give feedback to whoever posted before me, and also whoever posts feedback on my music after I posted. I does mean, sometime, to spend 30 minutes or more listening to other people's music, sometimes it's really good and I get to discover new quality artists, sometimes it's really bad, and I see an opportunity to try and give helpful advice to someone who is courageous enough to put themselves out there with their work, trying to help them improve.

now this is how I do things in this thread, and this is how I understood it was supposed to be done. Moreso, I notice when people do that, the thread is very well alive and extremely beneficial for all involved.

now I'm not saying everyone should do that (it's not for me to say), and I'm not saying those who post without giving feedback are bad people. but I think this is the best way to do things that I have ever seen online, this way, everybody gets feedback, and also we all get to listen to other artists, maybe discover some hidden gem (and I have on this particular forum,many times)

it's been months I've been trying to say nothing, but yea, it kinda sucks to see many people just ask for feedback, not doing the effort to give feedback first, I know it can be long to listen to 10+ tracks, some of which may not be your cup of tea. but it's always beneficial. I used to give feedback to everyone, even those who didn't give feedback first, but I'm not doing it anymore,
now I'll just give feedback to whoever posted before me, and whoever posted feedback (good or bad) about my music after I posted it.
thanks for understanding.

well, that was my semi-rant, barely $0.01

sorry for being a c*nt about this

Hadoq

@wizard
Come & Go, very clean, not a big fan of the style in general, but it sounds clean, a tad bit messy, but this is pretty good music

Youtube compilation, really really like your style, sounds very oldschool, but these kind of beats never get old. love your work <3 great energy

edit, the more I listen to your stuff, the more I can hear the 90s in it, early to mid 90s samples and vibe, late 90s hip hop energy, and you also got that modern twist that makes everything very relevant, despite having that oldschool vibe to it.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
@wizard
Come & Go, very clean, not a big fan of the style in general, but it sounds clean, a tad bit messy, but this is pretty good music

Youtube compilation, really really like your style, sounds very oldschool, but these kind of beats never get old. love your work <3 great energy

edit, the more I listen to your stuff, the more I can hear the 90s in it, early to mid 90s samples and vibe, late 90s hip hop energy, and you also got that modern twist that makes everything very relevant, despite having that oldschool vibe to it.

I appreciate the honest feedback!! thank you so much!!
yeah i am def oldschool 90 's all day!! lol

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
@SandmanP
1st beat, not quite sure if I like this one or not, the hats are kinda noisy and they don't really make anything groove, and I'm not sure about the offkey stuff. Now the overal sound still has something to it, which tells me, to a degree that this is how you express your style, and that I do respect a lot, it doesn't sound like anything else, it has interesting parts to it, but overall, I don't think it's really good.
My take on this, is that you do have something really interesting going on, stylistically, and you definitely should work on it, because at some point, not only will it be good, but it can be really good, and very unique. (I do make the distinction between what I would qualify as good, and stuff that I do like. For example I think the beatles are really good, but I don't really like their music, in your case, I really like your music, but this particular track I didn't find very good) no offense intended, we all make tracks that are better than others.

More "classical" style here, I love your OTT tuned kick, I maintain, your music has something to it, you should definitely work on developping your own style, you got talent man, you really do. This forum is a good place to be if you want to make huge progress, there are amazing artists hanging out around here and you will get very helpful advice, just keep posting your music.

PS²: now I'm not a mod or an admin here, and it's definitely not my place to say anything. So this is how I understand this thread is supposed to work, please do correct me if I'm wrong. When I post some music for feedback, I make sure to *first* give feedback to whoever posted before me, and also whoever posts feedback on my music after I posted. I does mean, sometime, to spend 30 minutes or more listening to other people's music, sometimes it's really good and I get to discover new quality artists, sometimes it's really bad, and I see an opportunity to try and give helpful advice to someone who is courageous enough to put themselves out there with their work, trying to help them improve.

now this is how I do things in this thread, and this is how I understood it was supposed to be done. Moreso, I notice when people do that, the thread is very well alive and extremely beneficial for all involved.

now I'm not saying everyone should do that (it's not for me to say), and I'm not saying those who post without giving feedback are bad people. but I think this is the best way to do things that I have ever seen online, this way, everybody gets feedback, and also we all get to listen to other artists, maybe discover some hidden gem (and I have on this particular forum,many times)

it's been months I've been trying to say nothing, but yea, it kinda sucks to see many people just ask for feedback, not doing the effort to give feedback first, I know it can be long to listen to 10+ tracks, some of which may not be your cup of tea. but it's always beneficial. I used to give feedback to everyone, even those who didn't give feedback first, but I'm not doing it anymore,
now I'll just give feedback to whoever posted before me, and whoever posted feedback (good or bad) about my music after I posted it.

appreciate the honest feedback!!

I agree with you on giving feedback back!! I actually listen and give feedback first than post my beat!
support should be mutual here!

meanwhile have a good day!

SandmanP

Battle Points: 1
@Hadoq Thank you very much for the feedback. Im trying my best to stand out from the other producers here. I appreciate all the honesty in your review. Your review was very helpful and encouraging, thank you for the feedback.. thats what I have been waiting for!! Please continue to review my tracks as I post them. Im trying to post a new track everyday.

I totally agree with you about leaving feedback on other tracks. I will do my part to leave reviews in the future regardless if i'm posting a track or not. It really helps to hear what others think. And in all honesty this is why we are here for people to hear our sound.

@SandmanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online