Showcase - June 12-18, 2017

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Let's hope this Showcase gets more activity than the last one. That one beat I couldn't get to export was meant for this thread, but I made something else in the meantime.
Nothing here yet.

@tomkillsjerry
The three note bassline on "Where I Go" seems out of place. It's not exactly off-key, but I don't really like it. The synth part is cool, nice ambiental vibe on this one.

I don't really get the point behind the other one - I could do that using VLC in less than four mouse clicks. It sounds pretty artifacted too.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@Drago Zetić
lol yea I wouldnt expect someone half a world away and nearly half my age to get the Chopped and screwed stuff I came up on so its all good.
Anyway yours is cool but the bass is overpowering your kick. and that high pitched feedback sound that comes in at around 1:49 has got to go. I would low pass some things. its over all to bright and ear fatigue will set in quick.. idk what you Monitoring environment is like but thats probably whats causing the mix issues. Cool elements really pulls alot from jazz so i like it over all

nDrew Beats

Battle Points: 5
Trap Instrumental 2017

Hello, just wanna showcase this new beat, I wanted to keep it as simmple as possible.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
whats up, its a hot day today here in Virginia...im cooling down my self in the AC ready to check out some beats

@tomkillsjerry listening to where i go, i like the verse its very smooth with that melodic sound, didnt like the hook as much, overall this was a dope beat
in the air...i like the intro, very electro sounding shit sounds real cool...wow didnt realize this was a remix...this sounds cool but its super slow and my adhd is fucking me up hard bruh listening to this slow slow joint lol...real cool but needs to turn up way sooner i think

@Drago Zetić nice chop work... hate when guys go overboard wth there chopping, but this sounds great the way you did it...drums are simple but this has a cool ass vibe i can totally hear an emcee rhyming on this beat, like a mellow de la soul or some shit lol...

@Manafique hell yeah this beat put a big ass smile on my face...i love this sample personally but i lie that drum loop it fits perfect with this joint...what would really set this beat off is a bassline to ride along this and some chops or some pauses and this would be a banger for sure!

for the new guys if you want feedback you should give feedback, you will always get feedback that way 99.9% of the time.

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@Manafique
Nice loop you dug out. With samples, I always prefer chops and think there aren't really that many excuses not to chop, but I liked what you found (it did work in the past decades, but I prefer messing with them more and working hard on changing the music). Sounds like you low-passed everything at 10000 Hz, if not less, which is somewhat different than most other lo-fi stuff I've heard - the other guys tend to add some effect that would make it sound like a tape with really audible hissing, which would reach frequencies higher than the one I mentioned. They'd also add stuff like wow and flutter. So, yeah, it's still lo-fi, but in a different way - it sounds closer to something downloaded from the internet in the 90s. The drums fit the music well.

@JC.A
The vocals and drums are way too quiet, so all that really "shines" through is a some weird synth that would sound good if you changed it up somehow or at least made it quieter. Maybe you could change it up in some parts with a different synth that would go better with the voice. Not really feeling it - the synth is interesting, but the melody isn't.

@dBtheProducer
I see you're still going with the PlayStation mixtape, nice... I like the idea of remixing/sampling video game music and was actually chopping through some old Amiga game yesterday. I'm not all that familiar with PS3 games ("The Last of Us" included), so I've taken a good listen. The introductory drum pattern (tom - tambourine loop) reminded me of folk music, while the switch to a hip hop pattern turned out great. However, I don't really like the sample - it's not bad, but I don't find it dope. However, I completely agree with your stance on the behaviour of some members in this thread: do not expect to get feedback if you haven't given any.

JC.A

Battle Points: 2
@Manafique
Nice loop you dug out. With samples, I always prefer chops and think there aren't really that many excuses not to chop, but I liked what you found (it did work in the past decades, but I prefer messing with them more and working hard on changing the music). Sounds like you low-passed everything at 10000 Hz, if not less, which is somewhat different than most other lo-fi stuff I've heard - the other guys tend to add some effect that would make it sound like a tape with really audible hissing, which would reach frequencies higher than the one I mentioned. They'd also add stuff like wow and flutter. So, yeah, it's still lo-fi, but in a different way - it sounds closer to something downloaded from the internet in the 90s. The drums fit the music well.

@JC.A
The vocals and drums are way too quiet, so all that really "shines" through is a some weird synth that would sound good if you changed it up somehow or at least made it quieter. Maybe you could change it up in some parts with a different synth that would go better with the voice. Not really feeling it - the synth is interesting, but the melody isn't.

@dBtheProducer
I see you're still going with the PlayStation mixtape, nice... I like the idea of remixing/sampling video game music and was actually chopping through some old Amiga game yesterday. I'm not all that familiar with PS3 games ("The Last of Us" included), so I've taken a good listen. The introductory drum pattern (tom - tambourine loop) reminded me of folk music, while the switch to a hip hop pattern turned out great. However, I don't really like the sample - it's not bad, but I don't find it dope. However, I completely agree with your stance on the behaviour of some members in this thread: do not expect to get feedback if you haven't given any.
Thanks Drago Zetić for the feedback, really appreciated it since I'm still new to music production and such. Your advice will be noted. :up2:

Status
Not open for further replies.