Showcase - July 18-24, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, first time poster here.

This is my attempt at making a slow, stumbling and claustrophobic beat. I sorta wanted to experiment with a feel that is something decidedly "anti-hip hop" and tried to incorporate some aspects of drone and industrial.

Anyway, I will need your advice for fixing this up!
Cheers guys!

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Pallet Town : I really like the timbre of the kick, I think it complements the snare well. How the synth pitches down continuously also sounds pretty cool. I thought the keys around 1:30 and 2:10 could be mixed slightly better but the timbre of the keys is pretty interesting because it sounds like it has a boost around 1kHz. Overall, great project.

Here is my beat:

JCFAX81

Beatmaker
Hi

So i have been a member of the forums for a few weeks, but this is my first completed beat. To give some background, this beat was made and mixed completely in Maschine. It's a very simple, basic beat with not too much going on, but i just wanted to get a completed beat 'under my belt' rather than have unfinished tracks on my hard drive. Any feedback would be most welcome.

@Pallet Town and @Chad i think both of your beats are really dope, but as a beginner myself i don't feel i'm in a position to critique them yet....but both of your beats i enjoy.

Sorry, im not sure how to embed music - so here is my soundcloud link to the track 'Corpses'

Hit The Road

Battle Points: 1
@Pallet Town : loving the atmosphere, drums are on point, simple and effective. This is something really experimental, i think your attempt shows good results. About the pads, they really do make this sound cloustrophobic, i like how gloomy they are. If i had to find one thing i'd change, the piano melody, i'll make it more interesting, simple as that, but less predictable. Good work!

@Chad : Interesting beat. Not a huge fan of repetitive arpeggios, but it is on point with the stringspad. Good drums too.

@JCFAX81 : Drums are perfect, i really like how they sounds. I would change the bass, i'd make it sound a little fatter, great beat though!

Long time no see guys, here's something different from what I usually do, i'd like to make an EP with that sounds, not sure if it would be interesting. Lemme know!

Erik

Battle Points: 8
@Pallet Town Really nice atmosphere and drums.
@Chad Really dope. The bass sounds great.
@JCFAX81 Love the drums and bass. Don't really like the vocal sample. Overall pretty dope.

This is really good man. Love the sample, love the vibe. The mix is really nice, too. I wish I had more feedback for ya, man. I mean, it's ready to go!

Not entirely confident giving feedback because I'm a new kid too, but I'll do my best. More feedback soon.

@Chad: Cool riff! Also love the sound of the snare and tom rolls.

@JCFAX81: The vocal sample is awesome, but maybe it needs to be mixed in better. I'm not really sure what I mean by that, but it sort of sounds like it has just been "put on top" of the mix. But only when the sample is played in its entirety. It sounds fine when its being chopped. Also, maybe the sample is a little bit overused. The actual beat itself is good and goes really well with the baseline and the horn samples.

@Hit The Road: Love the chilled vibe and the angry wobble bass sounds, I think its great how you don't overuse them. The use of all the layer sounds works very well, makes the track sound very alive.

@KZA: The guitar sample is nice. Where did you sample it from? Good chilled track that flows ebbs and flows very naturally.

@Charles: I absolutely love the slow swing feel. The drums are mixed really well. This is some really great stuff.

@KZA
[Remiscin] I love the into and the juxtaposition between the gentle high notes and the very dark sounding bass. Melodically could be more dynamic I feel. I feel like the drums can come forward and the piano can move back in the mix. Nice smooth track
@Charles
I like the vibe of this. Dope old school style beat. I don't know if the trap style hats are a good fit for this kind of beat though personally. Maybe using it in combination with another hat would have been better but this is a small issue down to personal taste. I feel like the bass is overshadowed by the pad a bit, bass seems a bit soft.
@Xan-X
You have to leave more useful feedback than that bro come on don't be lazy.. Even just a few sentences about 1 persons beat.
@Erik
Well mixed, I like this beat, especially the piano. Not a fan of the Organ though and I feel like the ending of the song is a beat abrupt mainly due to the piano not really fading out.

Reactions: KZA
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online