Showcase - January 2-8, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectrxm

Spectrxm Beats
Started on this earlier today, still has some ways to go but just wanted to see if I could get some feedback on it so far! Barely have even started the mixing process so keep that in mind haha. Thanks in advance!

Popo

it has a good start, but don't lower the intensity of the melody once the beat breaks. Other than that, it's good.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Matt-D dope beat. Nice chops. Good work.

@lloopz beat is pretty decent. U should take the vocal chops out sometimes tho.

Heres one I did back in the day before I knew a whole lot about mixing. It may sound a bit off. Im gonna get this one right tho. Feedback appreciated and returned.

What's good? I'm new here. Let me know what you think about this track here. Be brutally honest please. I'll do the same.

SemiF@ded

Beatmaking Student
Battle Points: 3
What up ILLMuzik. I'm new to the community.

@Spectrxm Nice smooth beat. The drum work is good and once that snare/clack comes in the beat starts moving. Some subtle strings could be a good addition. Keep at it.

@NONONSENSEBEATS Beat1-That is a real nice piano on the intro and the main synth is good too. The kicks are hitting hard, nice job on that. I'm not a fan of those hat rolls you have going on, I feel they are too intense for Jill's soulful voice, maybe go with a softer hat pattern. Beat2-This beat is banging! I feel the snare is too sharp and needs to be brought down a bit. I was wanting to hear the vocals drop out on the breakdown and then the whole beat come smacking in after. Good stuff.

@Matt-D Real clean sample flip. I like all the change ups and don't feel it gets repetitive. Kicks are hitting nice but I'm thinking the snare needs a lil work. Sounds a bit thin or subtle. Groovy track man, I'm feeling it.

@lloopz Whoa that is one intense beat right there, bet it would crush on some loudspeakers (listening on headphones) Good 808s but I'm feeling it overpowers the sample you used. Once the vocals drop out I actually like the beat better.

Looking for some feedback, mainly on the mix and arrangement.
Nothing here yet.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
@Spectrxm so far so good. I like the sounds you used.
@NONONSENSEBEATS The beat itself is dope, but not really feeling combined with the vocals.
@Popo love the drums and the spacey feel.

This is dope... I really like it. I feel like it's harder to slow the sample down than it is to speed it up. You definitely got it right.

That being said, if you work on the mix, it will be even better. The drums are a bit dominant. Eq the sample a bit and widen it a little bit... that's where I would try. Try to get the drums to sit/live right in the sample opposed to on top of it. Other than that... I dig it.

Here's one that I finished up last week.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it
@tumenBeats that beat had me live! good beat!!
@Popo the second beat was ok but I liked the first better.
@lloopz love the way you flipped that sample and I especially enjoyed the 808.
@NONONSENSEBEATS This was another beat that had me hyped I would like to hear an artist on that one. Nice man!!
@Dennis Tristan I love this beat and it really sounds professional and clean.
@SemiF@ded I think it just needs a few more things added to it to make it more exciting, but still good though.
@Erik serious thanks for the feedback. I love the sample you used as well as the drums. Everything sounded smooth and the arrangement was on point. I love these soulful type beats keep em coming. I tried to readjust mine let me know what you think.

Same beat readjusted

@NONONSENSEBEATS beat´s really nice, would pick with another acapella.
@Matt-D dope! bassline´s interesting - sounds tuned & very wide (stereo).
@tumenBeats haha, nice flip. sounds good…try to boost the low-end (bass / kick / etc.).
@Popo nice drums, would love to hear more sample variations / change-ups.

Here´s my beat for this week:

thx bro, i appreciate your feedback. i just checked out your latest beat - and as u can imagine, its exactly my style. i wish i did this joint, lol! VERY DOPE!!!

here are me newest one from today

Spectrxm

Spectrxm Beats
@Dennis Tristan Not a huge Yachty fan but this has a really nice vibe to it! Could definitely see him on this track. Good work with the 808s too.

@SemiF@ded I appreciate the feedback man! That beat is coming along pretty well. Personally, I would experiment with some different drum sounds or maybe layer a couple sounds together. Also, try boosting the highs on the snare/master. I think that would really start bringing it together imo! Awesome work so far!

@Erik Love the sample! The drums sound awesome too. I really like the old school vibe it has.

Here's what I'm hoping is the final version of what I posted above. Let me know what you think!

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it
@tumenBeats that beat had me live! good beat!!

thx buddy. just listened your beat and i think this tune has real potential. i clearly love synthesizer combined with soul samples, i wish you would have more parts with the synth as i think it sounds very dope. the sample u used is fire, maybe try to work a little on the mix. drums could be louder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online