Showcase issues

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think it's time to make some changes to the Showcase since there's such a huge lack of feedback, especially among new members.

So, who has any ideas on this?

Off the top I'm thinking if someone posts and doesn't leave feedback first, their post gets removed. The downside is the Showcase would have to be actively moderated.

can you do a post gate? like there was this one forum i was on you had to have 30 posts on the site before you could post in the feedback area.
thats actually a good idea, as the worst offenders are noobs with the post in the showcase being their only ever post

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think we did that years ago but the issue I see is that if newbies can't post their beats there, they'll just post them in other places so I'll have to constantly shut those threads down.

Maybe it could be you have to leave feedback first THEN post your beat (in the same post). But there's also the issue of the first poster that can't obviously leave feedback since they're first!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya I was thinking of just removing the posts (there's an option to do a "soft" delete so I could always restore it) if they don't give feedback within 24 hours. I think that's fair. 3 days they're probably forget lol. But whenever I've given feedback, I always do it for everyone that's already posted. It's about being a community helping one another with feedback, not just "yo check this out" and leaving.

Rodas

I don't even know
Battle Points: 43
I had an idea when you put this up in the shout box, but it sounded stupid in my head. However, I'll spew it anyway. Why not have 2 sections, one for feedback and one for self promotion, whoever doesn't leave feedback on the specified thread will have their sh** moved to the self promotion.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I had an idea when you put this up in the shout box, but it sounded stupid in my head. However, I'll spew it anyway. Why not have 2 sections, one for feedback and one for self promotion, whoever doesn't leave feedback on the specified thread will have their sh** moved to the self promotion.
Yo that's a good idea. But (there's always a but) we had the "promo spot" section which everyone posted their stuff there and no one replied to them. I only put it there because it was better than constantly getting them to post in the Showcase.

Anyway, I like your idea though. Maybe I could take it a step further:
  • If you don't leave feedback within 24 hours, your Showcase post gets moved to another thread.
  • But that other thread will be 1 thread for ALL those in this week's Showcase that didn't leave feedback.
  • So in a way it's like a thread for all the deadbeats or dead beats. LOL.
The only downside is let's say someone doesn't leave feedback and just posts their beat. What if someone gives them feedback? Then if I move their post, the other person's feedback will still be there in the Showcase. Not a big deal, but the only way to avoid it is to make sure everyone knows not to give feedback to the deadbeats.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
and give them the deadbeat badge of dishonor
PicsArt_11-30-04.54.34.png

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
How about getting rid of the Showcase forum altogether and banning those who self promo and leave like @Dj Smoke and @tomkillsjerry I love the tombstone.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Fade perhaps do a Showcase forum for a whole month as opposed to dividing it by week?

members online