Showcase - February 22-28, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Marc Duncan From Here On Out - i love the strings and I would make them more continuous through the beat and not so much change ups.
The Strenght - its a very nice beat! the vocal chords are to the point. the whole beat is kinda low, you should bring it up a bit, other than that very nice work!

here's mine for this week:

The Monk

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan You got some good grooves going on "from Here on out" has a nice 80's feel to it and you can feel "the strength" alright, melody's and arrangement is on point but felt the production on both could do with a bit more work and as ononkaf said the volume level is a bit low.

@oninkaf sweet intro, brings you nicely into the track, drums have a good feel to them, I felt the pad at times overpowers the rest of the track but loved the piano and voices in the breakdown.

Here's a new one I done

Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan "From Here On Out" was a cool track, I can tell you def grind and practice a lot! I can hear the improvement. This one sounds like it could be some kind of anime film score. good work. wasnt feeling your 2nd track :/ mix needs a lot of work. The volume levels between your 2 tracks should be similar. When mixing referencing is everything.

@oninkaf nice track. I enjoyed the atmosphere you created. Although I do agree the pads seem a bit dominant in the mix at times

@The Monk this was dope, those vocal runs killed it! cool bassline. reminds me of film score. Only thing in my opinion I was looking for a big snare or clap of some sort! good work tho!

Heres my new one!

@The Monk yeah that was dope as hell! but I have to agree with @King Drew Xlll I was expecting some kind of change up with the snares or hats but hey. Its still a very powerful beat all it needs is placement in some slow motion action scene, maybe some tough ass crew walking through the desert or some shit :D
@King Drew Xlll I like the atmosphere very much! melodic and dark :) I was waiting for strings and I got them! very nice work!

@ILL NOIZZ Nice track, but you could use some reverb or delay on the main melody. at moments it seems that its slowing the whole beat down. And try to develop it more so its not that repetitive, even the change of pitch at some point would do allot for the beat. keep up the good work! And give feedback before posting :rolleyes:

@EsquireMusic111 I would not change the snare so much IMO. I kinda had a hard time keeping track of the rhythm. And the change ups in general was kinda hard to listen I dunno if it would have a rapper over it would probably fit. all in all keep doing what you do! and remember: feedback before posting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
some dope beats this week! you fam are keep getting better! keep up the good work and thanks for the feed.:) I don't know about you but it's almost 1 AM here, I need to stop making beats and hit the sack, gotta work in the morning :confused: peace!

TheRealAGE

Alright guys. Im going to give feedback as I listen to each track.

@Marc Duncan "From Here on Out" is strange to me. The melody is odd. The drums aren't bad. But there are alot of elements that seem to be clashing with each other. The mix needs more balance. The "Strength" melody is much better. I like it. The drums are kind of off beat. Could be mixed better as well. Its an interesting beat to say the least.

@ILL NOIZZ i like the intro. Drums not bad. Feel like you could have chosen better drum samples. Kick needs to be bigger! A little to plain to be Kanye like but i see the influence. Some crazy sample could have made this really dope. Maybe some distorted vocals!

@oninkaf Interesting vibe. I like your snare. And the toms in the background. They sound nice. I dont really like the big vocal synth that comes in. Sounds out of key at times with your original synth. Not bad.

@The Monk I dig this. Is this sampled? Very dope sounding. Kick is hitting nice. I like the bass as well when it comes in. I liked it better without the choir but thats just me. Overall solid production throughout. Violins sound really nice. Is that a plug in? if so what did you use?

@King Drew Xlll i gave you feedback on FP! haha Ill just post it in here too. "Sounds solid. I think your synths overpower your drums a little bit too much. I dont like the clap you have. I think you should just have the snare and make it really really snappy. This beat has a lot of potential. Its not bad by any means. I just think it can be great with some tweaks!"

@Charles I like the organ. Very churchy. Beat has my head nodding. Not necessarily my style but Im fucking with it. Unique drum programming. Good work.

Here is my newest.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
Alright guys. Im going to give feedback as I listen to each track.

@Marc Duncan "From Here on Out" is strange to me. The melody is odd. The drums aren't bad. But there are alot of elements that seem to be clashing with each other. The mix needs more balance. The "Strength" melody is much better. I like it. The drums are kind of off beat. Could be mixed better as well. Its an interesting beat to say the least.

@ILL NOIZZ i like the intro. Drums not bad. Feel like you could have chosen better drum samples. Kick needs to be bigger! A little to plain to be Kanye like but i see the influence. Some crazy sample could have made this really dope. Maybe some distorted vocals!

@oninkaf Interesting vibe. I like your snare. And the toms in the background. They sound nice. I dont really like the big vocal synth that comes in. Sounds out of key at times with your original synth. Not bad.

@The Monk I dig this. Is this sampled? Very dope sounding. Kick is hitting nice. I like the bass as well when it comes in. I liked it better without the choir but thats just me. Overall solid production throughout. Violins sound really nice. Is that a plug in? if so what did you use?

@King Drew Xlll i gave you feedback on FP! haha Ill just post it in here too. "Sounds solid. I think your synths overpower your drums a little bit too much. I dont like the clap you have. I think you should just have the snare and make it really really snappy. This beat has a lot of potential. Its not bad by any means. I just think it can be great with some tweaks!"

@Charles I like the organ. Very churchy. Beat has my head nodding. Not necessarily my style but Im fucking with it. Unique drum programming. Good work.

Here is my newest.

I get what you're saying. It's hard to figure out the volume and mixing when you don't have the proper equipment.

so I didn't went to sleep last night when I should've. was making this beat. It's waaay different that I usually do, I kinda went to my roots I love jazz music and had a need to make something like this. and im kinda really proud of this one. fam, tell me what you think! :)

d.fusion

soundcloud.com/dfusionmusic
Battle Points: 61
@TheRealAGE i like that mixture of vocal sample and synths. maybe shorten the basssound a bit but else i dig it!

@oninkaf i also dig this loungy beats vibe. but again i feel theres just too much of that bassline and overall low end sounds here. i think less would be more here. also the kick needs a bit more emphasis.

@ILL NOIZZ your mix definitely need some more punch and loudness. maybe some maximizer will do the job. instrument wise it has a good groove but try adding maybe 1 or 2 more synth layers. i guess youre new to making beats maybe?

anarchos

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online