Showcase - December 7-13, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
<iframe width="660" height="170" src="
Nothing here yet.
" frameborder="0"></iframe>

new beat!!! and new to the site

TheRealAGE

@ColeSllaw diggin the vibes on this. yoooo that switch up was crazy at :40 seconds. I actually like that better than the original synths in the beginning! Drums are dope. This is good work. Not sure who i can hear rapping/singing on this but its unique!

@tomkillsjerry i cant really get into grime so I am a bit biased in my feelings towards it. I like the bassline you got. Mix sounds pretty clean overall. I dont feel the vibe of the beat. But thats just me.

@producedbyRiff this sounds more like Exile than Kanye but its dope. I dont like the clap you chose. I think a better sounding out could have fit there. The kick needs to be a bit more punchy i think! Mixing is not bad. Could use work. Sample should be tamed a bit more. Drums should pop more than the sample.

@projectbeatz i like the vibe of this. I could hear some dope rhymes being spit over this. The violin that comes in randomly is beautiful. is that sampled?? well put together. mixing is solid. Dope stuff.

@G.Avant first off your tag is WAY TOO LOUD man. That shit hurt my ears in the headphones. Okay now onto the beat itself. Its got a different vibe. I like that. I like the piano sample but it sounds a bit off beat at times. I didnt like it when the sound switched up at :53 seconds. Changed the vibe of the song to me.

I think i got everyone. Just my honest feedback i gave as i was listening to each track.

Here is my newest one. Let me know how you guys feel about it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

chaxiraxi

Battle Points: 4
Here is my newest one. Let me know how you guys feel about it!!

I love your chops and sampling, mix is tight and clean, very little to complain about. Only thing I noticed is your 808 may be wholetone too high, sounds like it's out of key at the moment. Overall, sounds excellent.
my thing:

Last edited:

Erik

Battle Points: 8
I love your chops and sampling, mix is tight and clean, very little to complain about. Only thing I noticed is your 808 may be wholetone too high, sounds like it's out of key at the moment. Overall, sounds excellent.
my thing:

Bro, this is hella dope...The vibe, how you flipped it, the structure. It's subtle but makes me feel something. The only thing that's sticking out to me is the snare. It's a little loud. It's not noticeable with my sub on, but when I turn it off it sticks out a bit more. Take that with a grain of salt as it's subtle enough that I might not notice the snare next listen. Just trying to give some feedback, but you're making it tough... it's a dope beat as is.

Here's one that I polished off today.

chaxiraxi

Battle Points: 4
Bro, this is hella dope...The vibe, how you flipped it, the structure. It's subtle but makes me feel something. The only thing that's sticking out to me is the snare. It's a little loud. It's not noticeable with my sub on, but when I turn it off it sticks out a bit more. Take that with a grain of salt as it's subtle enough that I might not notice the snare next listen. Just trying to give some feedback, but you're making it tough... it's a dope beat as is.
I appreciate the feedback Erik!
The snare in the chorus sections seems to be the thing that most people are picking out. I do agree that it does stick out in some sections and I can pull back maybe 1 or 2 db, but for the most part I think that I like it where it is. It also may be the tight low end kick I opted for, as the snare basically on it's own in that frequency range.
I'll try a version with the snare a bit lower in the mix.

Here's one that I polished off today.

This is a good start IMO, the mixing job is clean overall, although at the moment I feel you can do a lot more with it. The piano line and drums seem a bit rigid, experiment with some variations in the drum and piano lines, maybe add a melody/countermelody section. You could also stand to bring your drums out a bit more in the mix should you choose.
I want to emphasize, it's not a bad composition / beat, I just feel it needs a bit more detail and variation to push it over the top.
Cheers!

-Chaxi

drinji

Drinji Ikari aka SAWTOOTH
Battle Points: 18
I just released this new album, i know most people just post a beat, hope its ok to link a bunch.
peep
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

-

sick sample, i like how you chopped it.
verses flow nice.

check my jazzhop instrumental

S

slaik

@mallybeatz the song is well mastered, and there's no wrongs in the tempo and shit, but i feel like i heard it already.. don't take it wrong, but it's like.. i don't really feel like there's any charm in the beat..

Here's my newest beat, listen it till the end please, but if you're lazy, juste listen the first minute, then the second part please.

@mallybeatz the song is well mastered, and there's no wrongs in the tempo and shit, but i feel like i heard it already.. don't take it wrong, but it's like.. i don't really feel like there's any charm in the beat..

Here's my newest beat, listen it till the end please, but if you're lazy, juste listen the first minute, then the second part please.

nice track

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online