Showcase - December 28, 2015 - January 3, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slag prod.

Oh shit, this is loud! The name of the beat tells it all! It really sounds like a new year's eve. I dont really dig those bells, I think they are way too loud, but the drums are dope. And the drums have a good balance on them, it is just those bells and synth, and that rise sound, which really messes up the balance. Nevermind, keep doing this! You got a good thing going on!

Here is mine for this week. I sent this to one rapper who didn't feel this, so here we are.

Tell me what you think! Oh yea, and it is guaranteed that I'll give proper feedback. Let's help each other out!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRealAGE

@Marc Duncan i agree with Slag for the most part. The bells are way too loud. The mix isnt balanced. Things are all over the place. Work on leveling things out. Its not about everything being super loud. Its about everything being super clean.

@Slag prod. not bad on this one. the synths are just kind of boring. The snare sounds solid. Same with the trappy hats. I think the kick is lacking punch. I feel like this beat would sound color if you low pass alot of the synths. Kind of the new "Toronto/Drake" sound. Might give a better feel.

Here is my latest beat. Let me know what you guys think. Ill pop back in and give more feedback as people post their beats

Kozyr

Sorry 4 the Wait

Very Well Homie, Good Job, The drums and synths are dope!

Oh shit, this is loud! The name of the beat tells it all! It really sounds like a new year's eve. I dont really dig those bells, I think they are way too loud, but the drums are dope. And the drums have a good balance on them, it is just those bells and synth, and that rise sound, which really messes up the balance. Nevermind, keep doing this! You got a good thing going on!

Here is mine for this week. I sent this to one rapper who didn't feel this, so here we are.

Tell me what you think! Oh yea, and it is guaranteed that I'll give proper feedback. Let's help each other out!

I feel this beat homie, Keep it up! I like this types beat, Good Job!

@Marc Duncan i agree with Slag for the most part. The bells are way too loud. The mix isnt balanced. Things are all over the place. Work on leveling things out. Its not about everything being super loud. Its about everything being super clean.

@Slag prod. not bad on this one. the synths are just kind of boring. The snare sounds solid. Same with the trappy hats. I think the kick is lacking punch. I feel like this beat would sound color if you low pass alot of the synths. Kind of the new "Toronto/Drake" sound. Might give a better feel.

Here is my latest beat. Let me know what you guys think. Ill pop back in and give more feedback as people post their beats

Travis Scott Type beats - good job man, so what i can tell more!

And this is my next flip, check this out!

Slag prod.

@Kozyr I liked your beat, it had this draggin vibe to it. And those hand drums sounded good to my ear, all tho when the drums kick in, those hand drums feels a bit off beat? I dont know, maybe its just me. Great job with the sample and arrangement, all tho you could put a bit more effort to ending. It really kills the vibe when the beat just stops. Nonetheless you did a good job with the beat!

Deemitri

Something new i cooked up today,
not exactly finished but thought i'd post it and get some feedback.
much love.

Slag prod.

@Deemitri Bro, you need to give some feedback too!
Your beat had a really long intro, but I think it would work better when someone raps on it. I liked those drums all muffled, it really suited this beat. There is something you could do to those chords, they were a bit dull. Maybe double them with an another instrument? Anyway good job, unique production!

@Dnz The Mnc Bro, you too!? That feedback barely counts...
There were good things on that beat. Those chants at the background, and those drums were huge! I liked 'em! But that melody was a bit too experimental, lol. It felt like it was from another beat, you know. Nice job tho! That chord progression is good, and I like that sound you played it with.

TheRealAGE

@Kozyr pretty dope. i like the bongas in there. they sound live. good vibe. The beat needs to be more dynamic tho. Its pretty stagnant with everything just playing at the same time/rhythm. Switch up some of the elements. Bring in/take away sounds.

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@marc not a diss, but the mix is just bad. it's all squashed together. I would try to cut all frequencies you don't need and use the stereo field more, so not all of your instruments are coming from the center, you know?
@Slag nice mellow beat. I like it as an instrumental, it has this lounge-feel to it. mix is dope, there's a good balance
@realage outstanding mix! not my style but it sounds so damn clean, could imagine a doubletime rap over this dope shit
@Kozyr like this one the most so far, snare is a bit penetrating but I love the humming and the trumpet or sax
@dnz the switch at around 1min is nice, the xylophone melody has something playful. the higher drum-frequencies are a bit too loud for my taste

my latest joint

Slag prod.

@Spuntastic Daaamn, that is intense! With that sample and the piano, and all those little details here and there! I like how much emotion this brings! And when those violins kick in! OH boy! Really nice job! Are those violins sampled, or from some plugin? They sound so good! Really nice! And thanks for the feedback too!

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
@Spuntastic Daaamn, that is intense! With that sample and the piano, and all those little details here and there! I like how much emotion this brings! And when those violins kick in! OH boy! Really nice job! Are those violins sampled, or from some plugin? They sound so good! Really nice! And thanks for the feedback too!

Thanks man, pretty much all sampled except drums and a few details

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
@Spuntastic Well done with your mixing. I like the beat itself too, it sounds like it could easily be part of a movie soundtrack. Maybe a modern day gangster flick?

TheRealAGE

I know I dropped a beat earlier in the thread but im back again this time with a song! I produced the beat on it as well. Let me know what you guys think!!

anarchos

@marc not a diss, but the mix is just bad. it's all squashed together. I would try to cut all frequencies you don't need and use the stereo field more, so not all of your instruments are coming from the center, you know?
@Slag nice mellow beat. I like it as an instrumental, it has this lounge-feel to it. mix is dope, there's a good balance
@realage outstanding mix! not my style but it sounds so damn clean, could imagine a doubletime rap over this dope shit
@Kozyr like this one the most so far, snare is a bit penetrating but I love the humming and the trumpet or sax
@dnz the switch at around 1min is nice, the xylophone melody has something playful. the higher drum-frequencies are a bit too loud for my taste

my latest joint

Very nice sampling and good track overall

Some new stuff:

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
@Spuntastic Well done with your mixing. I like the beat itself too, it sounds like it could easily be part of a movie soundtrack. Maybe a modern day gangster flick?
Appreciate it. For a cinephile this is the biggest compliment ;) had definitely something sociopathic in mind while doing this

@TheRealAGE dope! at first I was like "that's nice but I miss something that connects the drums" and then the hihat drops at 1:12, really dope. the flute is the bomb!

@dnz cheers! I like 'Hate', has something shady. I'm missing a bassline in 'Fuck shit up'. That track could be some dope clubbeat if you put a deep runningbass below those synths

Bohni

I know I dropped a beat earlier in the thread but im back again this time with a song! I produced the beat on it as well. Let me know what you guys think!!

Man, I love this kick! The beat is pretty soft, but this kick!! :D Great work!

@Dnz The Mnc When I started 'Hate' my head intantly started to nod. With 'Fuck this up', as @Spuntastic already mentioned, I think it it to 'thin' sounding...

Here is one of my beats:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online