Showcase - December 19-25, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@Chad That was ill. I like how you added the vocals and the drums are great.

Made this one like a week ago

9th Wonder produced this beat from Rhythm Roulette. I just added a Big L Acapella to it.

Last edited:
G

gother

Hey guys, I just posted this beat (with snoop's verse) , enjoy!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Chad That's a good beat man.
@Klypse Love that first beat! I'm really into that style. And great job with the 9th wonder and Big L joint!! 9th is a beast!
@Bravo Beatz I like the song, well put together. Nice
@gother not bad just needs some work but good job overall.

Here is one of my newer beats.
Nothing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Chad
nice and laidback intro, the strings sound a little flat.
Musically, it sounds like it's well composed but I'm not sure about how all the sounds work together, some of the sounds sound a little on the cheap sides (oh those strings), like some presets or something.
it's too bad, cause the composition is pretty decent

@Klypse
oh yeah, I dig that nedflip beat, it has that 90s vibe to it, you should check out french rapper "MC Solaar" late 90s albums, you'll probably love it ! Nothing bad to say here, the beat's pretty dope

I love the saturated/dirty sound on the 2nd track <3

@Bravo Beatz
Efficient stuff here, not quite sure about the EQ-uing/mixing tho, but yea, the track works for me

@gother
lovin the intro and overall vibe, very mellow and bizarre, I like bizarre, it works especially well with Snoop acapella on it, brings it in a totally different place

@Matt-D
Very unexpected, it reminds me of some Count Bass D stuff, I definitely love that kind of stuff, very groovy in a weird way

First off, this is some new stuff I've been trying with vocal samples

Some sample chopping again, I'm new to this, be kind

Trinidad james stuff on top of a pretty cool beat <3

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Chad: chill, like the guitar licks and the piano, they play well together..
@Klypse : Nedflip, that kick and base! great track
@bravo: Heavy drums, like the production.
@Matt-D : i like the crazyness here. :)
@Hadoq : Ha, this is some nice stuff. Ocular is fantastic

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@Hadoq 1st beat was nice. Good job with vocals
2nd beat Again this beat was nice, I would add some hats tho (IMO)
3rd beat is crazy dope. I Would get rid of the acapella tho.

@KDVS Your video is removed, can't hear your beat

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!! And I will provide feedback sometime tonight because I want to wait till I get to some good speakers.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
hello everyone, its a acold day today in virginia, i have a new beat from my instrumentals mixtape but before i get into that lets hear some of your beats... once again im going to have to show you guys how to give feedback...

@Chad im liking the emotion put into this beat and the guitar playing in this is pretty spot on, this makes me think of some kind of final fantasy music with the choir ahhs in this, there is alot of instrumentation in this beat i think maybe when it comes back into the verses it could makybe use a little less and have it rise and build up to that hook you have but honestly im diggining it it could use a little mixing changes if you ever have vocals on there but otherwise i enjoyed what i heard!

@Klypse nice chopping bro, classic boom bap style i love it though, i like how you added some changes to the end of the verses youve obvoisuly done this before, the hook was cool but doesnt sound as "sexy" as the rest of the beat, a dope MC would rip this though for sure, beautiful transition midway with the record drops...i like this one for sure there wasnt anything i didnt like :D

@Bravo Beatz im diggining this track but i had to listen back a couple of times to hear what you got going on in the beat, what would you call this type of beat im just curious? is this a trap beat or a drill beat? either way its got the horns going and the drums are on point, you did a really good job as a producer chopping the hi hats perfectly to accent the rappers flow, this sounds like a dope beat for sure but it still sounds a bit like your everyday traditional trap beat, atleast with the style of drum patterns and sounds you used i mean... bells at the end were a nice touch this sounds like its going to be a dope ass sigle good job!

@gother i like the sample your using but it definately needs a highpass filter ....its way too muggy in the lows and kinda smothers the rest of the beat....snoops flow actually sounds really sick to this though i must say....not in love with the drums but with a filter this beat could really sound alot better

@Matt-D i have mixed feelings about this beat, there are things i dont like ONLY because i wouldnt have made this beat using this sample myself, i thought the drums sounded off beat are way offset but then i started to freestyle over it and realized that they are not off beat, the sample flipping your doing only makes it sound that way, and in a big way as a producer i kinda that that is pretty fucking cool lol... a beat like this sounds nuts but i bet you a serious MC would murder this shit as a challenge...nice job impressing me though!

@Hadoq im going to be honest with you, i wasnt a huge fan of any of the beats, the only one i could even bare to listen to for longer than 10 seconds was the first beat and im having trouble even getting into this beat...its got alot going on but just so you know for future reference, more sound effects on a beat does not make it a dope beat...i think theres reverb on everything in this beat and it kind of makes my ears hurt...thanks for the migraine but i do like the drum pattern

@Snufkin sick! that intro made the hairs on my neck stick up...i could already tell this is going to a dope beat...this is very surreal and beautifully done, is edm very popular where you are from? i tell you some people have the dopest imaginations when it comes to edm i fucking love this shit!

@TriKRaps dope beat reminds me of some alchemist, something immortal technique or vinnie paz type rapper would love...dont know what language this is but the rapper has a dope flow thats for sure...nice beat though this takes me back!

@Priemo digging the intro, nice drop in with the drums, this to me sounds some dope rakim and eric b type of track...im actually liking this beat a whole lot more now that i freestyled over it...i love beats that take me back to a different era in hip hop, the hook is on point and subtle this calls for a real lyrical MC to destroy for sure...nice job bro

okay this beat is a NINJA GAIDEN Tribute beat, i made this beat for my Nintend-OH Instrumentals Mixtape which is on Datpiff.com ... i made this mixtape because i realized the impact dope beats and video games have on people, if you like to hear more or downlaod these beats free just go to piff.me/749b668 and enjoy!

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Kosmos

CosmicWav Productions
Battle Points: 2
I'm only a year in a half into serious music production. Would love to get some feedback from you producers with experience (Which is probably pretty much everybody here). I'm always looking to better my productions.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Snufkin I like this beat man especially the synth during the hook.
@TriKRaps great beat! and it does remind of the alchemist a little bit which is a good thing. Vocals are cool also.
@Hadoq Really loved the beat with the Trinidad James vocals a lot!! love the sounds you used in it but I like the beat as a standalone not a big fan of the vocals. The Ocular beat was also very creative. The only one I couldn't get into was the first beat but I know you said you was experimenting so keep it up and eventually you'll come up with something from it.
@Priemo Straight Banger!! Nice Work.
@CHIEF M!KE DB Good beat dude!! It's Funny because I was gonna do a Nintendo flip album a while ago LOL!! I'm all for that because I love Nintendo sounds here is one I did about half a year ago.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Kosmos my bad don't know how I missed yours. I think the beat is not bad just needs to be filled out more and the drums could use a little more work but other than that great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online