Showcase - August 8-14, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi K.O!

Got a chill beat. I specialize in Space Jazz and this one has a "video game vibe" to it like you would find in Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter 3. Anyways check it out. Like, Share and Subscribe.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Got a chill beat. I specialize in Space Jazz and this one has a "video game vibe" to it like you would find in Marvel vs Capcom or Street Fighter 3. Anyways check it out. Like, Share and Subscribe.

How Did you make the mix sound so clear, i liked the instrumentation but the mix is where its at men
Nothing here yet.
Heres a new one I've been working on. Let me know what y'all think

@Chi K.O! I think the beat is nice. I feel like the drums could be harder tho.
Nice one brotha although i think the melody/sample whatever it is could get a little bit more complex

Here is mine:

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@NONONSENSEBEATS - Digging the drums on this. That touch of reverb on the snare is nice. I like the mellow vibe of this. Not a fan of those strings that come in around the :40 mark. The tonality of it seems a bit off from the rest of the beat.

@Chi K.O! - Rhythmically this is cool. The piano keys clash a bit to my ears sonically though. Not sure if it is what you were going for mix wise but the instruments are a bit overpowering when compared to the drums. The drums seem to disappear in the mix. I actually liked the way you played the chords at the very end - I think you should of utilized that more in the meat of the beat.

@TriKRaps - The beat has a nice bounce to it. Solid stuff. The drums sound good. I like that harp sound that you bring in later. It does get a bit repetitive.

K

Klimek

Sup gents, check out my latest beat, feedback gonna be much appreciated!

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@Koey this beats dope i like that sample a lot i also like the drums but man i got a dope drum n my head for that sample lol and thanks for the feedback homie i was iffy on that come in tone myself but i think maybe i can throw some stank on that tone and it might work... ill get it right tho

TriKRaps

Gonna drop feedback either later today or tomorrow morning. Lemme know what y'all think. Constructive criticism always welcome. We're all tryna improve here.

Really dope sample i like the way you fliped it. but i think the drum sound selection exept for the kick was off, and also all the drums exept the kick needed to be beefed up in my oppinion... btw nice tag bro :D

For all the others why do you post your own beats without giving feedback waiting to get feedback, if all of us did that the showcase section would be completely pointless...

TriKRaps

@TriKRaps I hear u on the expecting feedback and not giving any...they usually realize after they dont get any on theirs but yo that opening sample is dope! what is that from? over all very decent beat bro
thnx man! its the matto grosso incident from the michaels hankinson's album :Electronic experience, its some of the rarest shit ive ever found :p

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20
i thought id share a beat that I got a little weird with...been listening to BZKT. Yellow Tape on repeat and got inspired.ill hit y'all up with some feed back tomorrow when i can use my monitors since its getting dark,neighbors etc.

eelxb

@Chi K.O! i think you could use more low end ... good work though
@NONONSENSEBEATS the main melody seems to be missing something ... the beat sounds like a score for a trailer to a movie though
@TriKRaps bring the highs down a bit other then that good work
@Minestates75 i think that main melody could use some panning and the highs brought down some as a whole
@Koey i think you could use some sidechaining ... that duck effect i think would work here
@Klimek good work ... i think this could use a diff hi hat
@bcwarlock this is dope ... i think the kick could use more low end ... the percs are dope as well

Dan Miles

@eelxb love the sample flip with the little guitar riff, drums sound nice to decent swing to them maybe could even go a little further but overall great beat
@NONONSENSEBEATS like how this is quite unique sounding really like the pad/synth type melody going on, sounds well mixed as well
@TriKRaps Another great sample flip but the drums do it for me, nice punchy kicks and snares with a good bounce to it
@Chi K.O! This is really nice like the fast drum patterns and the pad melody whole vibe is really interesting was just listening waiting for what was going to happen next!
@Koey Another nice sample job wish I could with an interesting vocal dub in there as well, nice drums as well especially the kick

P.S I've only given feedback to those who have gave it to others, only fair

Last edited:

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@eelxb - Appreciate the feedback. I've always heard people mention sidechaining, but I never really fully understood what it exactly does/how to use it properly so I stayed away from it. I'll look up some shit on it and try to apply it going forward.

Listening to your track now...digging the vibe of this. Mix is clean. No real complaints besides that it does get a bit repetitive after a bit. It's solid work tho.

@Dan Miles - Man when the drums came in. I was expecting it to really thump. The kick's lacking some "umph" to it for me - maybe it's cuz I'm listening to it through earphones right now. The vibe of this is cool. I really like the chords you played out. I would of worked the drums differently to really make it bang - that's just my personal preference.

KZA

Prada Don
@Dan Miles the kick needs to be punchier imo. If u give more power to kick, I think the 808 will be fine, except maybe a little bit less high end. Production wise it's dope. Very chill vibe.
@Chi K.O! Like the vibe, needs punchier drums for my taste again.
@NONONSENSEBEATS Very nice and tight low end. Usually, I like the approach to use more oldschool drums in trap tempo/modern style production but I think in your case it didn't really fit that well but that's just for my taste.
@bcwarlock I followed u on Soundcloud when I heard the beat u posted on the last showcase. I really fuck with your beats (this one included). Big fan of the lo fi sound.
@Koey Dope sample flip. I like the drums except they could be a little more groovy/swingy, you know I mean? Great work overall.
@eelxb Nice sample. Nice oldschool sounding drums, maybe a little more punchier and a little more swing.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, who gave feedback.

Last edited:

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
What up? Was down for a couple months been in the lab for 5 straight days haha
@NONONSENSEBEATS i dig the idea but the sounds are to generic and robotic. try adding some live elements to it. and work on your instrument placement in the stereo field everything feels a little narrow.
@TriKRaps dope af sampling was on point nice work my dude
@Koey your mixes always sound clean af dope as usual
@eelxb dope sample work nice mix just dope shit hhaha
@Dan Miles beats gt potential but the the 808 is killing everything. Check this, take 808 duplicate it and send both to different channels then high pass filter one to about 150hz and add saturation. then on the other low pass it to 100-125hz no saturation on this one, when you distort the subs it fucks with the speakers ability to respond you always want the subs tight. then just take those two buss them together and add a comp for control.
@KZA Dopw beat bro only thing id say to do is cut that sub for a section and drop the hat and just have the arp snare and clap going that helps build tension and bring it all back for the release

Heres what i got

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland
Whats good everyone new here trying to get some feedback advice hate w.e really lol just as long as i can take something from it and get better props in advance to any replies to this.

(Sample Flip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.