Showcase - August 22-28, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup guys!

Been doing music for a while but just started selling beats, the normal approach: Youtube, Flashstore etc!

Would really appriciate some feedback, no need to be gentle but would be good with some constructive criticism so that I can improve!

Link:

Peace

Dan Miles

@SunRay Beats this is a decent beat nothing whole feel of it feels a bit 2008-2012 which you can take as a compliment or not. If you just started selling beats I would say this is a good kind of marker to put down and push the boat in the future with experimentation and trying different things!

Thanks to everyone for the feedback last week the grind continue for me with a new beat, inspired by Metro Boomin and 21 Savage's project "Savage Mode" hope you like it!

@SunRay Beats Good stuff man. Production is crisp. I like all the auxiliary percussion going on. Got nothing negative to say here really, solid track. Good work on beginning to sell your beats

@Dan Miles Love the creepy vibe happening here. Where did you get that sample? Minimal drums combined with the sparse bass work perfectly. Great track.

Heres my weekly entry guys. A bit different to the stuff being posted here. I did a sort of remix of the Stranger Things theme. Rather than just remix it, I tried to build a new song on top of it I tried to approach this from a few different angles but I ended up just going continuing with the retro theme. So basically old school drum machine with warm old school synths.

Still trying to think of an intro for it though.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@SunRay Beats: I really like the 808 toms that you have in there and the timbre of the snares. Like @Dan Miles said, it does sound a bit dated, in particular the synth that comes in at 0:14. It still sounds kind of relevant to me like 2011-2014. It reminds me of something a drill artist might rap over, like a Lil Durk or even a Lil Bibby type beat. I think someone would still buy it.

Did you use a string sample for the beat or is that a synth? If it’s a synth how did you get the sound of the up bow and down bow?

@Dan Miles: I think you really got the Metro Boomin’ vibe on this one, specifically the bass sound and the spare but eerie instrumentation. Good work.

@Klypse : I like the sample choice and the way you chopped it but the acapella seems to be off with the beat by half a beat at certain parts, specifically at 0:30, 1:23 and 2:32. Besides that though, nice remix.

@Pallet Town: Interesting production. I had to actually find the theme song but when I compared the theme song to what you made, I really appreciate what you did with it. I like how you chopped the samples and overall the drums on the beat great, I especially like the toms. The synth you added also creates a lot more energy to the track, almost makes it sound like a rock anthem or song. Good job.

Here is my beat:

44Beatzz

Ruhrpott / Germany
Battle Points: 143
@Pallet Town I like the synth and the atmosphere you created.Dope Beat!
So,im using the MK2 since one week.
I have never sampled anything.I always used my keyboard.
Its a bit easier now but im still learning and learning.

@Dan Miles Gold wrists very dark abstract intro. I like it. I feel like your voice tag was a bit too loud. I love the 808 and the slides. For some reason this reminded me of goldeneye 64. I definitely love this beat though its dope with plenty of good sound effects.
@Pallet Town I like this, very chill. I don't know if that kick fits though, feel too punchy and high pitched. Good groove though, smooth drums with some nice sound effects.
@44Beatzz
Love the football commentary sample. feel like this beat good do with more going on is the bass/sub frequency but I like the drums especially the toms and you layered the synths nicely.

Lemon Tea

Hi, everyone. I recently started producing and I'd like to know how I'm doing. Could anyone review one of my works in progress? The sample is from "In a Sentimental Mood" by Duke Ellington and John Coltrane. Yes, I realize the song has been sampled to death.Thanks in advance. :)

Battle Points: 309
@SunRay Beats That beat is nice, reminds me of some CashMoney joints! Wish u to sell a lot of them! i miss some punch tho

@Dan Miles good looks on the atmo and that bass #iLL

@Klypse the beat is bonkers , perfect blending with P!'s delivery! great boom bap !!

@Pallet Town i can digg that trippy vibe as overall , the chorus is my favorite part!

@Chad The beat is heavy and dope as hell yo! loving the drum work and the piano shots! Really impressive!

@44Beatzz Man this beat reminds of some RuffRiders bangers! I like that ! great one!

@SlasnerBeats i love the darkness in your instrumental, the swings are crazy nice! Dope sound

@$LUMDRO thats deffinetly a special chill vibe right there . i like that vinyl noise in the back... drum work smooth

@Kod4R Great atmo yo , love.... the bassline crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.