Showcase - August 15-21, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZA

Prada Don
@TheRealAGE Dope as always. Very nice chill but dark vibe.
@Dan Miles Very Dope. Mix sounds pretty clean.
@tomkillsjerry I like 'Still' better but it's just my personal taste. I really like the vibe and especially the drums and sub on both beats. But there's really not a lot to say, they're just dope.

What a great start of this week's thread.

Here's my new one.

Rylan

good grieve
@KZA I like the beat, the piano isn't really my style but it is good nonetheless, maybe add a few more switch ups with the 808s?
@tomkillsjerry Neither beat is really my style but I like the unique sound of each. I really enjoy some of your other work though like the Night Move Alt Mix, and Can't Fuck With Em

Here's my latest track, tried to do something different than I usually do and I think it turned out nice.

RezKing

@TheRealAGE yo man that is nice. It's sonicly all there, very full. The drums break in the background is nice, and I like when you let the samples and then drop the drums over it.
Only thing I would say is it's a little bland in terms of the instrumentation. The ambient sounds are there it's just no real lead melody. Honestly I don't think it would even need one but it's the only thing the never appeared that I was waiting for. Great work!

@Dan Miles I liked this a lot! Not big into this type of jam as I like fast paced stuff but you deff got that drone bass banging down. I would try and clean the more mid ranged "warping" loop sound that plays threw it up a little bit. The lead synth also has a nice melody but I wasn't feeling the sound of it too much. It was too bright and sort of plays on top of everything else rather than along side. I think with a different sounding synth it might sound a bit better. Great work though!

@tomkillsjerry For Still the samples are right. I love slight minor melody. I would just ease up on the compression you have on it. When the beat drops it looses it's power. Like the punch is taken out and the bottom end gets lost. Love the samples and drums though.

The Hunted is much better sonicly and the drops are all there and they hit. I like the chord building you got the synths doing. The entire build is on point. This was pretty dope!

@KZA Love the piano! The oohh samples are great to. The 808 slam is there and I love the pulls and wiggles you got going on but it needs a bit more presence. Over all I think it is pretty bear but I think it's some good bones. I'd try and make it a little bigger. Great work man!

@Rylan I wasn't a big fan of the accordion type sound and the claps are a bit awkward but it did have a nice movement to it. I just really can't feel that synth that is carrying it. Nice work though!

@BeatSN This is it! Love this. The loop is haunting but very full, great use of ambiance! And that kick and snare has that old school park reverb lol love it. Bass line that appears throughout is there too. This is a jam for sure, nice work man!

Here's mine.
I never do stuff like this, but did yesterday.

This was a few days ago and closer to the type of stuff I like to do.

TheRealAGE

@Dan Miles I think the reverse should be used as a texture be lower in the mix. I like the melody that comes in around 45 seconds but I think that should be your lead. Drums are not bad. I think they need some panning. Also I would bring the hats down and make the kick pop more.

@tomkillsjerry "Still" - I like the drums. I think the piano is too loud. I wish it was sitting back in the mix. I like the bassline that comes in. Its a dope combination of sounds. Just needs some leveling out overall.

"The Hunted" - I really like the atmosphere in the intro. Not really a fan of the asain string sounding instrument. Drums are really dope. This sounds like some video game shit. This could be really used for a placement if its all original composition. I like the drawn out strings that come in. I think the leveling needs work again. Some things are just too loud.

@KZA i like melody. i like the drums. the piano is just sitting in a weird spot in the mix as im listening on my monitors. Idk but something about it is just a bit off. I like the additions you bring in for the hook. Really fills out the beat. Overall dope.

@Rylan this is interesting. I like the style. Its different. I like the drums up until the claps come in. I feel like they aren't necessary. Need some kind of a melody switch up tho. That main loop gets redundant.

@RezKing "Ooo La La" i think there is too much conflicting things going on. It just didn't blend well for me. The drums are too intense for that sample in my opinion. The fugees sample needs some smooth drums. The pac sample could work. But overall it was just to crazy for my taste.

"Pussy Cat Dues" i like the sample. this could be some Mf Doom shit. The rhythm is bit odd but it could work. This one is a little odd for my taste as well. Keep workin.

Nahshon Beasley

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 6
@TheRealAGE Dope as always. Very nice chill but dark vibe.
@Dan Miles Very Dope. Mix sounds pretty clean.
@tomkillsjerry I like 'Still' better but it's just my personal taste. I really like the vibe and especially the drums and sub on both beats. But there's really not a lot to say, they're just dope.

What a great start of this week's thread.

Here's my new one.

Nice One, Im Feelin' The Synth Lead and The Choir Vocals... and The Dark Vibe as Well... Keep It Up :)

TheRealAGE

Yoo thats dope. Like the old school movie Heat?? You just doing it for fun? Or is there a new movie called heat?

@TheRealAGE appreciate the feedback.. That hunted one im actually scoring a scene from the movie Heat.

@RezKing man you got some crazy shit going on in that first one sounds dope
thatsecond one tho i think if you take some elements out it would work

Status
Not open for further replies.