Showcase - April 18-25, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Battle Points: 2
@Marc Duncan Nice intro on the first track. I like how it builds up. Good choice of instruments and a very clean mix. Your 808s are always super clean. I pretty much feel the same way about he 2nd track, everything sounds good.

Here's my latest beat.

(Also I made a twitter account the other day to chat & keep up with other producers so feel free to follow if you have a twitter. Would be nice to get to know some of the fellow illmuzik members https://twitter.com/Solo_TeV)

Charles

@Marc Duncan I liked the bass, but the synths and development of the song i wasnt in to. the first synth or sample sounds quite corny in my opinion. This isnt really my style of beats so dont worry, its just my opinion.

@Solo Some nice samples, and a nice drop after the intro. This beat is very complete and i am having a hard time coming up with some criticism for it, great job!

@tomkillsjerry the drums felt a bit boring at first but they developed nicely, i liked the work with the synths it was very cool. Maybe the beat could use more sounds in the low end not just the kick, that would be my only suggestion.

This is my latest

Hit The Road

Battle Points: 1
@Solo , absolutely chill track, perfect vocals, good drums on those snares. I like the piano too, it adds atmosphere, and it fulls the track.

@tomkillsjerry , like the bells, sound is pretty dope. Leads are good, maybe some problems with the mixing, the volumes are rreally high but the don't mix togheter. It is a good track though!

@Charles , love the drums, kinda old style. Those samples fits perfectly in the track. Also appreciate Kanye West's sample, good work!

Here's my stuff!

TheRealAGE

@Marc Duncan first beat is kind of generic. The melodies sound very video game-ish. Idk. The vibe isnt for me. Same feedback for the other beat. They give off a weird vibe to me.

@Solo dope beat. Good sample work. Drums sound on point. Maybe a big snare on top of the clap would make it even nicer. I like the bassline. Good work overall. Nice filtering on the beat as well.

@tomkillsjerry very atmospheric. i feel like some of the synths are too loud tho. The drop is huge. Love it. Good progressions in your beats always. Good stuff.

@Charles that guitar is so nice. is that a sample?? The drums need better leveling out. I feel like the kick is toooo much louder than anything else. I know you want it to stand out but balance is the key. I like the your style tho.

@Hit The Road classic song to sample. Sounds dope. Good choice of drums. Got me noddin' my head. I like it.

@producedbyRiff Sounds like a new age kanye beat. This is dope. I like your drums. The beat gets kind of strange when you change the sample chops. I liked it better in the beginning. Not a fan of the change. Changes the vibe too much.

@RezKing this is different. That sample is trippy. Drums sound solid tho. Sounds like something kendrick could have put on untitled unmastered. Especially with that brass that comes in.

That's everyone that posted. Here is my latest beat.

scream'O

@Solo Amazing beat! So f chill!

@tomkillsjerry Don't like your kick. Maybe it's sounds wierd for me cuz my monitors got rly bad low (TRUTH B2031A) but i think it could be way more better.

@Charles That drums is awesome!

@RezKing Rly like it. Don't know why but first part remind me of wu-tang so much.

My third beat ever. I think this is better than my previous 2 but still not competitive. Which mistakes i did in this one?

KZA

Prada Don
First off, happy 4/20! Hope you all have a great time.

@Solo Love it. Especially the vocal Samples and the 808. This is some dope shit.
@tomkillsjerry As always, this is some heat coming from you. As I posted in some other thread , I really fuck with your style.
@Charles Great vibes! I like what you did with the drums.
@Hit The Road Laidback Reggae vibes. Just what I needed for 420.

I was in the mood to do a remix so I threw this together. I thought it was cool so maybe you'll like it too.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@Marc Duncan
Jack tyler: not a fan of this one, maybe too "joyful" for me, makes me wonder how you'd sound like if it wasn't trap you'd be making. I think I'd prefer. that whole trap thing is getting old for me, it's like dubstep a few years ago.

Restart: same here, not a fan and it reminds me of Vangelis.

Sorry about that one Marc, I've heard better stuff from you, but I'd love to hear you on other, more open genres of music. You clearly got talent.

@Solo
Just watched "the raid" (movie), the intro reminds me of that kind of dodgy ambiance. A little long-ish, but nice. Once the beat starts, the vocal chops are amazingly put together. I'm down with the downtempo too. It kinda makes me contradict myself with what I've just wrote.
This is quality music

@tomkillsjerry outside
Damn, this week is pretty "electro-ish", nice stuff here, nice build ups with the filters. not a big fan of the beat, but it's well put together. Great work on the variation, but if I had to pick one thing, it's pretty even aside of the break, I'd like to hear a more "general" build up along the track (I tend to abuse this scenario myself, I admit, maybe too much lately)

@Charles An oldschool type intro, I like the laidback feel you get from the guitar sample... but then I realized the filtered drums were the actual drums. There's definitely a problem with your mix and that's too bad, because the general mood is really nice. The whole thing just doesn't sound "open", it sounds like your drums are in a box, there's virtually no high frequencies there, but there should be.
Work on your mix and you'll be doing some pretty dope stuff, you're almost there but get it done.

@Hit The Road You got me at the title, I ususally love your stuff. This time again, it delivers. I'd love to do a collab with you, but our styles are very different so I'm not sure how or if it'll work out, but I'd be open to try.

@producedbyRiff Great oldschool vibe again, thank you :D nothing bad to say, great great cuts, reminds me of some C2C with the vocals and everything, nice build up around 1' you keep me entertained throughout, but the rough energy from repetitive cuts tends to get old at some point. Nice stuff nonetheless

@RezKing creepy intro, I like that! reminds me of some J-zone beat. Great stuff for an emcee to spit on. A little repetitive, but great energy. Repetitiveness doesn't have to be a bad thing, but I think it works best with a voice on it. Great outtro too!

@TheRealAGE creepy intro again. aaaand we're back on electronic down tempo! great stuff tho, good atmosphere you got going on. I love this kind of beat, unfortunately, there are waaayy too many of those around lately, which kind of spoils it for me a little. Which is a shame because stuff like yours is amazingly put together. I'd like to stand out rather than blend in, myself. each to his own, we are all on a different journey. But if you're on the journey to make that kind of music, then let me tell you, you're pretty awesome at it! keep it going man!

@Dame G. You're one of those who are also pretty outstanding at this kind of music, your beats always deliver, this is no exception, you got talent man. What I'd like to hear now is how you'd sound out of your "comfort zone" ;) different tempi, different moods, samples etc...

@scream'O Oldschool again, pretty straightforward, well put together, but repetitive. of course, the style is made that way so you don't have to take this as a critic.

@Klypse I know that piano from the intro, where does it come from? Oldschool bassline and drums. That sample work is very deep. The slightly offkey bass is astonishing, minimalistic, but not repetitive. Or repetitive in a good way, rather. Impressive choice of sounds all together, great great stuff right there man! I love it!

@tomkillsjerry again "maybe if it wasn't so easy", pretty powerfull stuff, I like the change of key. Well put together, nice changes, breaks, you really make me enjoy that kind of approach, you got great synths too, hardware or software? I like hardware better myself, but some people can do wonders with software synths, if you're one of those, kudos, if you're not, kudos anyway!

@KZA damn time machine beat, feels like 1992. You killed it right there, amazing beat, I'm about to order the cassette tape from a magazine. loving it. thank you!

as for myself, I wasn't around last week as I've been busy, but I'm here this week with 5 beats (sorry, but I did spend almost an hour writing this for every one of you, this is how much I love you guys <3 )

anyway, let's start with a remix shall we?

then some weird beat I've made, I kinda went "house music on a classic hip hop tempo (I believe it was 93bpm)" here, bear with me please.

then some sort of "statement" I made for myself, about styles and selling beats, with a very deep bruce lee quote and an even deeper (it comes from the album "you must believe in spring", every people on earth should listen to that amazignly beautiful and heart wrenching masterpiece of an album) bill evans sample chopjob.
I'm not as versed in that sample thing as many of you guys, but this is my best shot at it. Obviously, the beat's title is a troll. But whatever you do, if you're into selling beats or not, I'm not judging you, I love you, but my music is about who I am, the ultimate ego trip.

Alright, now we're back for something more "tribelectronica", I've been playing with percussions a lot lately, trying to push my own enveloppe. This seem to have been influenced by something between Bjork and the Akira OST.

And about getting out of my comfort zone, this is a beat I've made at 122bpm, it started more as a challenge, but turned out to be pretty cool. Not sure how "hip hop" this thing still is, but you'd come out with a trap beat 15 years ago, they would have told you "it's not hip hop" too. So I guess music is what we make it to be.

alright, I hope you'll enjoy these as much as I enjoyed doing them.
much love to yall, this forum is amazing, I'm glad and proud to be a part of it

Last edited:

WhnyJlkr

Battle Points: 1
It's been a while since a made a beat but here is one now. Not the final version but i'd like to get some feedback. Thx

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@Solo Amazing beat! So f chill!

My third beat ever. I think this is better than my previous 2 but still not competitive. Which mistakes i did in this one?

This beat sounds fine to me...it's such a relief to hear something else besides trap. Keep up the good work yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.