Severe Producers Block

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I know we all get it at some stage but mine are taking tha piss,sometimes i can knock out beats from when i wake up til bedtime but recently i just cannot get anything down no matter how dope the sample is...

It happens about twice a month and usually for a couple days but this 1 is an easy 2-3 weeks,maybe even longer,does anyone have any tips to get back into it cos people are asking me to sell em beats and i cant make em,i try and just get so fed up and quit

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
tried it,tried listening to different music,tried making different style of music,went out and had music and mixing discussions with other producers,tried making just drum patterns,tried sampling music i dont like,tried making beats from scratch,tried leaving the music making for a while and coming back

No matter what i try nothing works lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well... It's not about going a way and then coming back...

I go away until I feel that I'm ready to try again.... It usually takes me a week to two weeks (sometimes longer)....let it build up.....

Music is something you feel, never forced....Step away...until you feel it......(pause).

I also had that problem, then it came back when I bought Maschine...lmao. Now I just can't stop making beats.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Do a search, there was a good convo with a bunch of ideas on this

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Nice quote, btw... LOL

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
tried it lol played battlefield bad company 2 flatout and ended up never wanting to make beats

MasterShake

ill o.g.
Ive been in a slump lately too (family drama) for about a month, im starting to get out of it by listening to stuff I normally wouldnt listen to (others beats, diff genres like dubstep n stuff) and finishing beats in one sitting even if I dont like em.

Also buying new gear that makes me want to sit in front of it... but thats the expensive way out lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
^I like this guy..

Banging can be fun.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
haha wow.. Yeah well if it doesnt fix shit then at least you get laid.

Exactly... Man..I like the logic in this room right now....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Yo...

Tell the broad to see if you could make a beat while she does....well...use your imagination.....