Samples Or Sounds: What Do You Use Most?

Samples Or Sounds: What Do You Use Most?

• Total voters

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just thinking about something - what do you do the most when recording something?

Do you use mainly samples for your beats, or other sounds like from a synth/plugin/instrument?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Mostly samples, although I often plug in a few digital synths or instruments from Maschine.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
True, that's the thing though - I guess for a lot of people it boils down to whether or not you're doing it professionally or as a hobby.

kstikz08

Battle Points: 4
i use mostly samples but since i'm striving to make this a profession, i've started to move towards more synth sounds lately.

Analogue

Battle Points: 1
I love taking snippets, usually no longer than a few secs and pitch shifting them. Been spending a lot more time with vst instruments (in fl studio/reaper) and just started learning to reason which im crazy excited about. Trying to sample less and less

I enjoy making both sample and non sample songs. I allow my creativity to run. If I have a great sample idea I am anxious to make I am going with it. When making a non-sample joints, sometimes I start with just single piano notes and build around that. I also enjoy filtering instruments and designing my own sonic feeling. Whatever sounds dope in the moment is what I am using!

members online