RZA - A Day to God is 1,000 Years Drum sound

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
On the skrenf tho, If I hear a kik or a snare that I like in a song I turn on my sampl,ing part of my brain that has me listening to every note practically one by one searching for a breif split second in the song where I hear a kik or snare by itself or with the minimum amount of "stuff" over the top of it.
THEN I grab it and use it. If I ever get my sp running again I have a shit load of drums we sampled like this.

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks guys, I was able to snag a piece out of it. I hope RZA doesn't find out lol.

Shit I wish I could afford that lol. Maybe in the future.

T

The Arkitekt

you didn't have to rip his snare lol, that takes all the work and fun out of making your own unique sound

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
why not be creative and come up with your own sound?

but if you are going to cop a sound...good choice.

that track is fucking dope!

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No I just ripped his bass drum only. I don't really know how to make my own sound really. I just find hits and modify them to my own but the bass in that song really hit me. I love that feel.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
you didn't have to rip his snare lol, that takes all the work and fun out of making your own unique sound

how does it take the fun out by grabbing a snare..im guessing u sit in ur room wit a tin can and a pencil recording snares..

T

The Arkitekt

how does it take the fun out by grabbing a snare..im guessing u sit in ur room wit a tin can and a pencil recording snares..

no but thats a good idea, i bet i can make some nice snares like that

i was thinking of getting a kick drum out of my couch, when i tap it with my fingers it makes a nice BD sound, i'm gonna record that shit and crank up the gain

izodone

The Wizard Of ODD
ill o.g.
Yup cardboard,buckets,your ladies ass.... Whatever it takes to make an ill sound that's completely original!try layering your kicks too that'll thicken em up real good.ever heard of circuit bending?some people even take apart toy keyboards and shit like then re wire em to make some pretty tight and sometimes jus wacky sounds.SO DON'T LAUGH!!JK

members online