Recording on Cool Edit

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
sup peeps,

need some help on cool edit. i was trying to lace down some vocals on one of my beats on cool edit. I go to the mulitrack mixer screen and load my beat to the first slot and record in the second one. the problem is, whenever i hit record, the second slot records the beat and the vocals. how do i separate it that when i record the vocals all track 2 record are the vocals and not the beat. thanks

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I don't have that problem with Cool Edit. The only thing I can see is that maybe you have the wrong input checked in your PC's mixer settings.

Make sure you have "Line In" checked for Recording. If "Wave" is checked, then that will make it pick up everything that's passing through your soundcard.

D

Da III

first off what do you record your vocals with? you have to set the mixer to only record only the line with the vocals and then arm that track

go to Options:Windows Mixer then set the recording to your line in or mic

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
:booty: Dogg, u def have a line input wrong. I use it to record just like you do.. Follow the signalssssssssssssssss

M

Millenium

Recording In Cool Edit

Ayo son son peep this! The reason track two is recording everything is because you have your mixer set to record what you hear! Simply go to your windows mixer or your soundcard's mixer and change it to mic under record! This should straighten that out! Any more questions just get at me! Stay Up

C

Copenhagen

Nice to see everybody could agree...he sure got the message in double stereo...:D