Reason 5 is one of the best programs ever!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Will all this talk of Maschine, and of course Maschine is amazing, I want to mention just how blown away I am with Reason 5, it is a total game changer. It is completely inspiring to use. and if I could chop samples as fast as I can in Maschine I would never use Maschine again. But for now starting an idea in Maschine and finishing in Reason/Record is an amazing way to work.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Will all this talk of Maschine, and of course Maschine is amazing, I want to mention just how blown away I am with Reason 5, it is a total game changer. It is completely inspiring to use. and if I could chop samples as fast as I can in Maschine I would never use Maschine again. But for now starting an idea in Maschine and finishing in Reason/Record is an amazing way to work.

Agreed 100%

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Never used maschine but i use reason/record and recycle takes about 2-3 mins to chop a sample,is maschine even faster then to chop?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It's really quick to chop a sample in maschine....i mean really fast.... I could chop in about the same amount of time but have a shit load of chops loaded into the pads...

Reason is dope.... I didn't like their sequencer as much as a FL studio...I think that is what turned me off in the end......

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I don't understand...whats quicker than auto slice in FL? I mean it's just a click of a button and everything is on my keyboard. No adjusting, nothing...it's done. I very rarely use it because I like choosing my own segments and choosing how I want to chop them but if I were in a rush, it's just 1 click!?!?!

I guess this question is more directed at Sucio because he's experienced both worlds.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't understand...whats quicker than auto slice in FL? I mean it's just a click of a button and everything is on my keyboard. No adjusting, nothing...it's done. I very rarely use it because I like choosing my own segments and choosing how I want to chop them but if I were in a rush, it's just 1 click!?!?!

I guess this question is more directed at Sucio because he's experienced both worlds.

The autochop is awesome in FL, but you have those times where the chops aren't exactly how you want them......I actually stopped using it early on because of that...

Maschine's chops could be done QUICK....just a push of a button and a twist of a knob....literally. If you weren't such a stubborn bastard, you'd open yours up and experience it for yourself...

LOL @ Fade He has realized the POWER of Maschine.... it's such an awesome program...

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can no longer create in logic or abelton...they re way to slow...even if there is no sampling involved...if i need time stretch I move on to another beat...Its THAT fast!

But.....should chopping be done fast?? Not in my skool

Very good point. Thats exactly why I use soundforge to do my chops, I can magnify the waveform to its fullest extent to make sure I chop on the zero point, totally eliminating any clicks. And if its impossible to find a zero point(on stereo chops for example) i can simply do the tinyest of fades to get the zero point myself.
I have found auto chops to be a bit haphazard, especially on stereo chops. I only chop by hand. Or should I say eye. I know some clicks can easily be lost by decreasing the attack, but others cant, and why try to fix a broken sample, when you can have an unbroken sample in the first place. Recyle can be very unreliable when it comes to getting clean chops.
I dont know about maschine, Ive never used it.

Another great feature of Reason 5 is the automatic self contain of samples, the amount of old reason tracks I did and forgot to self contain the samples, and then I have to spend an hour trying to dig up all the old sounds used, is a fucking nightmare. Props to propellerhead for that one, saved me hours, literally.

members online