Question to old school/boom bap producers here

Well...

1. A local group of rappers for which I "was making" beats for some time. Every time I sent them beats they were like "Holy sh*t! Man! That's amazing!" blah blah blah. Every time I asked them when they planned to record something on my beats the answer was that they would do it but then they recorded something on some beat from YouTube. And it went like that for some time until I cut contact with them.

2. A local rapper who wanted to work with me after I won a local beat battle. Every time we were supposed to meet with each other to work on music he preferred to drink and party. I sent him a couple of beats but nothing happened. He texted me after I released an album with @2GooD Productions asking me whether I was interested in working with them. The answer was obvious.

3. A girl from Germany that lived in Polandfor a long time. She messaged me on Facebook because one of my friends tagged me under her post in some group for local musicians. She asked me to produce some pop beats and she wanted to collaborate with me. I made a quick sample for her, about 1 minute and 30 seconds long beat in style of Ava Max. She asked me to meet with her personally so we met at some cafe. We started talking and during that conversation she revealed that she didn't know what she wanted to make, she wanted me to make some beats for YouTube covers etc. Basically, she wanted to make a cover YouTube channel where I would have been responsible for the musical side (I mean beats and stuff) and she would be singing. But when I asked her to sing something or send me some samples of her voice she refused. So what was the point? :LOL:

4. Guy with mental health problems (as it later turned out) with whom I worked at the same company. Similar story as in the first point but here it was a little bit different. He wanted to be a Polish version of Machine Gun Kelly and he basically wanted me to plagiarise MGK's beats. Maybe not like 1:1 but recreate them so that they're very similar to the originals. I also sent him some original beats that he liked but he never recorded anything on them. He didn't even write a lyrics for any of beats that I made for him. But he had a lot of problems not only with his head but also in his personal life. Weird guy in general. :( I made these beats for him for example (those were those originals I mentioned):

5. Another guy from the city near me who bought a beat from me but never recorded anything on it. At least I earned some money off of it.

6. Another guy with whom I was working who was bragging immensely about having one song that reached 9k views. Same story as with the guy in point number 5 but he didn't buy a beat from me. It was a free one. So I sent him a beat and he never recorded anything on it.

So that would be some of them. It's funny though that if you meet the right person it doesn't matter what distance is between you and that person. The best example is my work with @2GooD Productions - full professional, reliable guy, focused on the project and finishing that project. The funniest thing about my relationship with @2GooD Productions is that I never even spoke to him xDDD Like we never talked with each other. We only wrote to each other which makes it even crazier that we had no issue with working with each other.

Your first mistake is sending rappers beats... The reason why you must do your research on any artist first... In there face you can ask them if they have ASCAP or BMI. If they say no cut them off. Second, When you get home google the artist and see when the last time they drop a single or album and put their music on spotify, itunes etc (it kinda shows they want to invest in themselves). Plus, never work with a rapper that tries to be like an establish artist. That's a waste of your time and that artist isnt serious enough about their craft. You might as well have a A.I Artist that can sound like whoever. Artist that buy beats from you make those beat for leasing that way they can have a certain time limit to put that out if they dont another artist can get that beat as long as you're not selling it as an "exclusive"