Question for you ultra high tech guys...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I recently acquired a ton of acapellas, some were true accapellas (had NO music at all), some were done with a vocal eliminator (had some music in the background but sounded like garbage), then I noticed what appeared to be a third type that had very little music but was very clean and clear. It was too clear for it to be a vocal eliminator so my question is...Does anyone know how this can be done? Maybe some type of inverting tracking program?(Trust me, it's too clear to be the old invert the instrumental and play them back together trick!)

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
That's a good question. I have never heard of a way that can be done. I always thought it was just an acapella where the mic was picking up the headphones feedback. But it would be nice to know if there was indeed a way to pull just vocals out of a track.

I know a while back I saw someone put up a thread about some software being developed to pull out any track of a recording but I don;t know if is was actually finished.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.

dl'ing now! thanks ;)

Ominous said:
That's a good question. I have never heard of a way that can be done. I always thought it was just an acapella where the mic was picking up the headphones feedback. But it would be nice to know if there was indeed a way to pull just vocals out of a track.

I know a while back I saw someone put up a thread about some software being developed to pull out any track of a recording but I don;t know if is was actually finished.

I'll let you know how good it is, if it's not good we KNOW not to listen to you know who anymore...lol.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I have Marilyn vos Savant standing right beside me. For those that don't know, shes the smartest person in the world...lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I gotta tell ya, I didn't get RXII, I got RXI and it doesn't have the vocal removal part BUT the hiss removal/click removal/hum removal/smoothing/noise reduction and a few others is SICK, fairly simple to use. This program is dope! Just as soon as I get everything figured out, you all will be hearing the difference in my music. The features that I named above just may replace my Waves Versions of the same features...lol. Much easier from what I've seen so far. Props dp!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
*Note

Thats basically what Photosounder does

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Put up three examples. should be quite easy to tell.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
havn't been doing a lot of major studio work till the past 6 monthes or so, but everyone I've gone to has made use of this program when necessary. Great soft to have in your arsenal.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I've never even heard of Photosounder, is it really that bad? I mean sometimes I look for distorted sounds but not often.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont think bad is the word for Photosounder. But gimmick most definitely is.
Its most commonly described as the "Photoshop of sound." Running on the idea of 'If you can draw it, you can make music' but really its an expensive toy for the non-musician to play with for a few minutes while they wait for that movie/game/program/etc to finish downloading.

members online