Question for you computer geeks =)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
InstallIQ Updater - is this something that I absolutely need? I have a basic idea of what it does but I've also heard some negative things about it. The popup window is annoying as hell and sometimes it wont allow me to do anything on the internet until I answer the update or not question.

I asked a rep from W3i and ofc, he supports it, he says that it updates bug fixes and security measures among other technical things to your computer and registry. My thing is...if something isn't acting right on my computer, I delete it (pretty much) and find something else that works.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Or you could get a mac?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
lol dac, you're welcome (and get a mac)

Sadly, I think a mac is wrong for Dac at this point. If FL is your main software, you should use windows!

no excuse, i run bootcamp :) and imageline will have FL for osx soon! which will be all the more awesome when running on core audio <3

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Dac, you might want to try using Malwarebytes AntiMalware http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free or SUPERAntiSpyware http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Thanks Pug...yeah dp hooked me up with Malwarebytes a few months ago. I've scanned and updated a million times...Malwarebytes isn't recognizing it as malware so it's not deleting it. =( HOWEVER, I just got it deleted (I couldn't do it using the uninstall program, I had to do it from my start menu). But it worked!

Or you could get a mac?
I'd shoot myself first! j/k but damn I just bought this PC...lol, maybe one day.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah..I heard it's running as a windows emulation type thingy...where your mac VSTs will not work, because well...it's not a truly mac based program...

Which is odd to me....why wouldn't you make a software compatible for both platforms? I mean..shit...it would only make you more money...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Have you tried it? I heard it sucks!

no and ... dude its beta lol what do you expect. Its not even a matter of porting since IL stated before that osx was out of the question because it pretty much implied writing entirely new code.

Im going to wait it off, i have yet to see any daw make a succesful shift onto a rewrite of their core (Logic).