Question about publishing rights..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
sounds like a barebones cheap exclusive beat sale to me. But needs a few more words to cover the bases and loopholes, thats when it all gets complicated with legalese. Fucking admiralty law and maritime law bollocks.
For sure, but what if it says:

Me Bob. Him Joe. I sell Joe beat #001. Joe can do whatever he wants with beat #001. I don't care. Bye.

I think that covers everything.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I didnt see any mention of money there. That wont do.
Stop thinking like a lawyer!

Ok here:

Me Bob. Him Joe. I sell Joe beat #001 FOR $500. Joe can do whatever he wants with beat #001. I will never sell beat #001 to anyone else. Beat #001 is now owned by Joe. I don't care. Bye.

Last edited:
Stop thinking like a lawyer!

Ok here:

Me Bob. Him Joe. I sell Joe beat #001 FOR $500. Joe can do whatever he wants with beat #001. I will never sell beat #001 to anyone else. Beat #001 is now owned by Joe. I don't care. Bye.
Thata pretty much an exclusive beat sale deal.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thata pretty much an exclusive beat sale deal.
YES!

Top Of The World Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Songshare agreements are pretty simple documents. Pretty much as are being described here.

Just be aware any contract you make, if a major wanted to fck you over, their lawyers could absolutely discredit your contracts. They're levels above even any lawyer you could probably afford.

Just get decent reasonable contracts written up. If you have zero understanding, then best to get a lawyer to draft some. And even if you do know, to get a lawyer to check 'em, just give 'em the go ahead.

The contract you MORE want to concern yourself with getting a lawyer, is if you sign a deal with management, publishing, record label... etc. Those ones you WILL want to get a music lawyer to look at, because you likely won't have any real clue what you're looking at, even if you understand it you might not have any real bearing on what is reasonable and unreasonable in a contract.

You really don't need a lawyer to do a simple songshare agreement.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @Fade music business benefits accountants and attorneys and as it was founded on criminality and exploitation you know now why artists are paid last and people hate artists that empower theirselves through education about the business but I’ve always wondered why artists have to get fucked over financially before they begin to wise up about how the biz works, if they consciously want to know how the biz works.

Funny how in sports no one expects young (and naive) athletes to know how biz in that sector works but aspiring musicians, etc. are expected to know.

members online