Quality Control said buh-bye

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I swear I'm listening to Spotify and so many tracks just have really poor quality mixes.

Loads of thin, or muddy, or harsh, or poorly balanced, whatever.

Particularly in the Hip-Hop/Trap it recommends me. Not all of it. But a seriously large amount.

So much stuff I feel if it got posted here all the topboys would have pure critique for the mix.

Anyone else noticing this? What are your thoughts?

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Its the same with video game industry, while you were getting a fully fledged product, nowadayds you get like half the puzzle and need to buy the rest for like the same amout, if not even more, as the game itself was...

So, i think that got to the music industry aswell, they just realized, ppl will still click that shit, ppl will still listen that shit no matter the quality.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Its the same with video game industry, while you were getting a fully fledged product, nowadayds you get like half the puzzle and need to buy the rest for like the same amout, if not even more, as the game itself was...

Star Wars Battlefront. Oh my lord.

The game was sold like a fucking back in the days Demo. Then you had to pay like £20 per DLC until it became more like a full game. ~

Think EA made a reddit comment about which became the most downvoted reddit post in history (at the time at least)

But yeah, let's stick to talking about these crappy mixes... if they are indeed crap!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Are @Iron Keys you on Spotify Premium or free?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
So @Iron Keys you're doing the paid Spotify or sailing the high internet seas?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
How @Iron Keys much is it annually? I want to get into streaming but originally I said I won't because it pays artists measly but I also don't listen to commercial radio as it's trash and I've hated it since 1996.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
How @Iron Keys much is it annually? I want to get into streaming but originally I said I won't because it pays artists measly but I also don't listen to commercial radio as it's trash and I've hated it since 1996.
ha similar vibe to me bimbams.

I had the 3 months free and knew i'd be too lazy to cancel it. not even sure, 7 8 9 or 10 dollars i think. Go ask Spotify, they'll tell ya! (try get it when it has the 3 months free tho... so at least you can test it out and/or get 3 months free)

I swear I'm listening to Spotify and so many tracks just have really poor quality mixes.

Loads of thin, or muddy, or harsh, or poorly balanced, whatever.

Particularly in the Hip-Hop/Trap it recommends me. Not all of it. But a seriously large amount.

So much stuff I feel if it got posted here all the topboys would have pure critique for the mix.

Anyone else noticing this? What are your thoughts?
I have noticed some odd mixes lately when it comes to some of this newer stuff. I'm thinking it could just be a result of rappers pushing out material so quickly.
At least it's not as bad as the mix tape boom in the mid to late 2000's when you had proffesional recording artists sounding like they were recording in garbage cans. :LOL:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I have noticed some odd mixes lately when it comes to some of this newer stuff. I'm thinking it could just be a result of rappers pushing out material so quickly.
At least it's not as bad as the mix tape boom in the mid to late 2000's when you had proffesional recording artists sounding like they were recording in garbage cans. :LOL:

In an Alchemist video i posted recently, he was working with an artist and the artist was like 'right we need to put this out right away' and it werent mixed, and Alc was like nah, and he was like 'ok cool, can you loop this other artist beat and record me, i need to put out shit for the fans tonight'
(or something to this effect)

Alc was talking about the pressure of some artists have today of releasing stuff.

So would make sense why tonnes of shit is getting chucked out.

My kinda point was partly that, and absence of labels and stuff, like actual trash is getting pushed out, maybe the youth of today can't discern what is good/bad. But I mean... even back in the day people were happy downloading 64kbs mp3s on limewire so. I dunno.

Maybe they don't notice the mix quality out of their shit portable speakers.

It all plays a part really.

So what kind of relevance or significance does this have with us? Should we start saying 'fuck it' when it comes to mixes, or still strive for greatness?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Artists @Iron Keys need to grow a pair and give a damn about quality control. This is the main reason I’d sign to a label were I in an earlier era: Everything went through a filter.

About mixing I believe we should strive for greatness and while I say I’ll never learn mixing I love listening to the mixes Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis outsourced for their Perspective Records label back in the day(s).

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
To mixes id say its best to find the center between quality and dropping stuff out en masse.
I noticed that its easy to get lost in perfection and maybe that is the reason some of us feel bad about their own products, including me when it comes to my beats.

Otherwise we be in the lab for ages while trying to push that one mix to the limit and in the meantime the competition released 10 albums ballin the cheddar you could ve snatched.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @Iron Keys know quality control is out the window when you have someone posing as KRS posting

So what kind of relevance or significance does this have with us? Should we start saying 'fuck it' when it comes to mixes, or still strive for greatness?
I think that all depends on your position. Integrity and quality matters more to some than it does others. Personally, achieving my artistic vision and creating something that I'm genuinely proud of takes president over anything else.