#ProducersUnion

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
Not sure if you all have been hearing the latest, but Sonny Digital came out with a statement in regards to the amount of credit, or should I say the lack of credit producers have been getting in terms of recognition! He is now calling for a #ProducersUnion to face the concern and is planning on taking a stand for this cause! I know that we within the ILLMUZIK community have had this talk before, but I would like to know what you guys think! A link to the video is posted below!

Check out @SonnyDigital's Tweet:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I remember a post about this before...

I think it would be a great idea but unions (especially today) are trouble. They may have all the right intentions, but what would a producer's union actually consist of? How would it represent producers from small time to big time?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

dawunonli

@EsquireMusic111 and @Fade sounds great in theory but in practice would be a litigation nightmare.
I agree, I think with technology, creating a union would be difficult and probably will represent the top producers in respective genres mainly. Which not a bad thing but how you go about doing it would be tricky.

I'm taking a rough guess that some of these mainstream producers do give away free beats to new poppin upcoming artists and these the artists they complaining about not paying later. The producer is critical to the creation of tracks but same time replaceable so hard to judge how a union would police payments, royalties and being able to step in certain situations producers and artists work out to make something mutually beneficial