Problems recording with CEP

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got cool edit again, i haven't had it for about a year because i moved in with my dad and it was at my mom's, but for some reason when i try to record with the mic nothing appears on the wav and nothing is recorded for some reason. I know the mic's connected because it makes that hissing noise when i turn it on. Has anyone had this problem or know what might be up?

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
You prolly could have figured this out for yourself if you just fucked around a bit but anyways here we go.

Multitracker view
put the beat in track 1
select the R in track 2
push record in the down left
if you are going to record addlibs or a seperate chorus in track 3, then put out the r in track 2 and put it on in track 3...
it cums as easy as sex..
good luck

btw check out https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8247 also check out other usefull articles Wings put up.

beatzbybuddy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah, Im a big user of CEP 2.0 ( now Adobe Audition 1 .0 ) but Mortis is right. Its very simple. Is your beats loading and playing in CEP? If so, do you use a mixer and know your mics works ok?
You should load the beat in Track 1. Highlight track 2, go to the bottom where the meters run and right click and choose Show all devices or some shit, its the first option. This way you can see the meter moving if you have signal coming in from the MIC. E-mail me if you need more help.