Premo setting it straight...

Yep, spot on. Thats a result of using synths and not samples, two different ball games.
Hes a legend though, he doesnt need to adapt, hes a pioneer in the game, his name has gone down in history, and his fans love him for what hes already done.
Ive tried making trap beats, but I just dont like trap sounds, sue me.
So Im just gonna go ahead and do my trap, my way hahahahaha.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I mean, even those like us that have been making beats for a long time have the same outlook as he does and it's justified. It's not just because he's established but also because like us, he's old school.

I don't have many issues with new stuff, as everything must evolve, but I just wish the young fans today would also adapt and start listening to underground stuff.

Over the years I have gone from hard core "I aint ever selling out", "Keep it real" and all those other catchphrases, to now where Im like fuck it, my inability to adapt has held me back for years, I have never really achieved fuck all of note, the recent heart attack just made me reevaluate everything. As a result I think Im making the best music of my life.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The only thing any artist should keep real is their motives for doing music or anything else in life but @Fade don't expect young fans to adapt to what people our age like and also the term underground is irrelevant nowadays.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That'
The only thing any artist should keep real is their motives for doing music or anything else in life but @Fade don't expect young fans to adapt to what people our age like and also the term underground is irrelevant nowadays.
Of course, I don't expect that at all, that's why I wish they would because they're missing out. But it applies to all forms of music. Even House music, if you listen to 80s stuff it's incredible what they put together at the time. The young music fans of today don't want to educate themselves it seems.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Drug culture @Fade always informs music

The 60's and 70's were very open to letting people just release songs, there wasnt really a cookie cutter, or at least it was just limited to boy bands/girl bands. The artists were pretty much allowed to create art, not fit into a box.
So much diversity, from classic like the theme from Shaft, to some of the craziest experimental shit from people you have never heard of but have been sampled into classics. When sampling there is nothing better than a pool of such diverse and different songs. Oh the good old days.