Praying on our ignorance?!?!?!

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Im having a problem following Rappers or anyone else thats got some rep on twitter and here's why... Lately I've been searching for some upper level ish to post on ILL. When I joined twitter, I thought this would be a cool place to get a feel of different rapper personalities and even get them to drop a line on the site themselves(promoting themselves, the site and benefiting us with some tips or knowledge. What I would call Networking...or so I thought.

While following RoyceDa5'9, the first thing I noticed was this dude was funny and had a seriously big sense of humor...just some of the things he said cracked me up. So one day I notice a twit from him (not to me) saying something like..."Im not on twitter to do any business, I twit for fun so don't ask me ish about business". I respect that but it was the way he said it that kinda bothered me. First, whoever asked him a question was probally a fan that didn't realize that he didn't conduct any business on twitter and to come off like that is kinda rude.

Anyway, then I noticed him talking ish to somebody else saying that they only had 2000 followers and he had 200,000 followers(not the actual numbers but y'all get the picture). So now Im kinda confused, because 1st he says he only twits for fun but then he turns around and uses his number of followers as a tool of measuring his success in a sense. I've noticed the same with Swizz and Premo, they don't really give anything back to their fans (the people that bought their ish back in the day).

I don't knock what you cats do, its none of my business but to see people trying to just get a hello from these cats is starting to make me sick because they treat their own fans like pets. I give respect where its due but c'mon show some luv every now and then. Stop being a smartass for a minute and make some kids day by simply acknowledging him/ her. These cats are so up on themselves that its crazy...as far as Im concerned the best thing Royce did was the BEEF ish between him and D12. Im not hating, Im just saying "is he as BIG as he thinks he is?

Then you got cats that are BIG, and we've talked about giving passes to these cats. At the end of the day we're all people, I can't put myself below any person. I can't justify you treating me like ish because you are a well known rapper. I just can't do it, nor do I understand how anyone else can.

Share your thoughts on following these cats that don't give a ish about you. Do you think its just a game they play? Should they even get a pass to treat you like ish?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Twitter is like high school, basically. Dont expect much from anybody unless you goin in on'em in some dramatic BS that'll ruin their image or rep and even then you may get snubbed.

Once you understand there are tier groups, along with most people dont want to reach out, they want to be reached-out to... then all the moves make sense. Twitter was dope before the whole celebrity validation/ Trending topic ball-licking stuff started, it gave some people a status and made it JUST like high school.

Not to mention, alot of people are dicks to begin with, then you have 8,000 people that want to "Follow" your every move, ego starts feelin good/better.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im not on twitter because I assume its similar to facebook, myspace, etc... But its all the same, im sure royce has a myspace and facebook page as well with thousands of so called friends/fans. A lot of these social sites are used for advertisement, and some people I think do use it as an ego booster as well. I used to think you cant answer everyone, but if you make a profile then ask people to check out your new single its business etiquette to holla back at a few people at least. I have 9th Wonder as a friend on myspace, but I've never written 9th, and if I did I wouldnt expect a responce back.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Dude I am telling you living in the music industry for along time makes you just kinda off. I saw it over and over again with my clients.

Your world view gets really weird. I am sure you have seen it as well.

Chris is right man....I mean, Royce's reasoning for how he acts to people online could be totally different from what were acknowledging here but Ive seen it first hand as well, and people do seem to change.

Dox said:
Twitter is like high school, basically. Dont expect much from anybody unless you goin in on'em in some dramatic BS that'll ruin their image or rep and even then you may get snubbed.

Once you understand there are tier groups, along with most people dont want to reach out, they want to be reached-out to... then all the moves make sense. Twitter was dope before the whole celebrity validation/ Trending topic ball-licking stuff started, it gave some people a status and made it JUST like high school.

Not to mention, alot of people are dicks to begin with, then you have 8,000 people that want to "Follow" your every move, ego starts feelin good/better.

Dox is right as well. To take the comments made on Twitter to heart is kinda ridiculous. Most of the shit people say is just a bunch of useless nonsense anyways.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
You, Me, and Billion other people tho.....To me its just another public diary where people say shit out loud that they should typically keep to themselves... lol.

I've gotten probably the dopest connection I could hope for, being a general nobody myself, on twitter. You gotta play it like a party and you're over hearing a bunch convos w/people you'd never have a chance to laugh with. That laugh/Funny Convo is your ticket to whatever.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Well thats the thing...Twitter has become different for each user depending on what your using it for. Some people use it solely to network, others whine about their lives, some just post random shit like articles they read, etc. like i do....Hell, usually the only time i use Twitter is when Im drunk or stoned. lol.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
twitter is cool if you live in a city that has a good local scene...Its a great way to network with the other artists in the city...Alotta shows and collabs happen in miami cause of twitter