Planet Phatt/basslines & FL piano roll?

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Yo.

1) I've been try to get the Planet Phatt soundfont but the download at shareware music machine isn't working and i cant find it anywhere else. does anyone know where i can get it?

2) When you guys make basslines in fruity loops using soundfonts, do you use the piano roll function? i was trying to use it and when i tried to adjust the length of the note, it would stay the same whether i try to make it longer or shorter. im not sure what the deal is? if it worked i figure you could use one tone you really like while adjusting the length and pitch to make the bassline in your head.

THanks.

-fiz

B

BeatOff

Basslines in the piano roll is wack man. I used to work on fruity loops, get a midi controller to play your basslines.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I used to give out the Planet Phatt soundfont but hardly anyone said thanks and they would abuse the link I gave them, so I got rid of it. I would hook you up but I don't have it on this computer, sorry.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
beatoff - i hear you - where do you get the sounds you use? do you sample other bass sounds or get them off the net or use soundfonts or what?

fade - that's cool man - are there other programs that are better to make basslines in that FL?

B

BeatOff

I get my basslines and sounds from the Emu Mo phatt, or sometimes i might use the triton for basslines, you can also sample to get sounds and tweak the sounds in acid or cool edit. You can DL some software synths or buy some and make your own basslines with the synths and play them through a controller, thats what i would recommend.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Fiz, the other way I'm making basslines right now is by simply chopping a bass sample and lining it up in the right spots and messing with the pitch.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
beatoff - do you think you could you send me the emu mo phatt soundfonts?

B

BeatOff

I'm not sure how i would do that it would take me hella long to do that i believe some guy has alot of the emu sound fonts on his comp and might be able to send them to you, Hey Some Guy you out there, i'm calling Some Guy, the man who runs on the field during kick off's on game day wearing regular clothes, some guy.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
just pointing me to a place where i can download it would be real cool...the link on shareware music machine doesnt work and i dont know where else to get it...do you know?

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by fiz
just pointing me to a place where i can download it would be real cool...the link on shareware music machine doesnt work and i dont know where else to get it...do you know?

I'm not sure of any sites that offer dl's of that online. I'll ask some guy or look around and see if i can help you out. Peaz.

fiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
word. thanks for all your help. let me know if you find anything.

M

Millenium

I play baseline in F.L That are ill

it's taken alot of time and definately the right instruments, but it can be done! I can point you to a track I just did that is cocanuts! I aint even playing! I'm not saying that midi isn't better cause you know that it is, but for what it is Fruityloops can do alot! It just depends on if you know what a baseline is you feel me! If you know what's ill then it doesn't matter what you made it on provided the sound quality is there and it's somewhat flexible! There are ways to play ish in the piano roll to rival most keyboards! Just depends on how creative you get with it!

If your trying to stretch your note and it wont move it's because your in the wrong mouse mode! Switch it in the upper left corner of the piano roll window! I believe from there all you have to do is left click and drag to the length you want! Wanna play with something ill with the piano roll! Load a wav into a channel and in your F.L. browser scroll down to Scores! right click the one you want and send it to channel! then watch what happens! Some ill things right there, but it's your world! Experiment til you find what's best for you! Whether it's Midi, Software, Synths, Drum Machines, Sequencers, or what ever! Do your thing! Stay Up Both Of you