1. The next Beat This! Competition will be from December 20-21st!
  2. Listen to the latest episode of WaveFormz!

Paying for chord progression samples, loops, and MIDI?

1. beatzbyrae

beatzbyrae

What's up guys and girls, OGbama from loopmasters recommended I ask my question on this forum,

I am a pianist/producer from Seattle. Looking to create and sell sample packs of some really dope, modern, cutting edge chord progressions/loops for producers like yourselves.

My questions for you guys are...

1) How many of you would consider paying for a large pack of dope chord progressions/loops in MIDI /WAV form?

2) How much would you pay? (for example $19 for 300 progression/loops etc..)

3) What would deter you from buying a such a thing? (Other than not liking the sounds)

I plan on using VSTs like Omnisphere2 and providing MIDI along with WAV files. All the samples would be royalty-free and would contain tempo, key, and, loop length (in measures/beats).

I am very curious in hearing your input. There is a lot of talent here in this forum. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

wizard likes this.
  2. NatureRok

NatureRok

Battle Points:
    there a bunch of places to get those already.. so they need to be dope in the since that a adrian younge/dj premier kind of guy can chop em as well as trap producer.. has to be stuff for both..imo

wizard likes this.
  3. wizard

wizard

VIP Member
    ILLIEN
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    HI, royalty free, and midi included.

yup....... you got me, I'll support the $19 for that pack.

I would need midi, jst because i like to use my own sounds, starting to really like the kontak bank sounds expensive but great quality
    Ominsphere is Dope realistic sounds and very rich too.

When you get it all set up please let me know inbox, would appreciate it.

Thank you

4. wizard

wizard

VIP Member
    ILLIEN
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    as long as you have them midi files you can chop them up and replace the sounds, Also other places don't offer royalty free
    This is huge when you dong placements.

" As long as you have them "MIDI" Notes you all set you can change them and chop them but make sure to stay in the same key still"

was my first mistake when i got introduce to them a few yrs back, LOL

5. Rodas

Rodas

Constant learner
    Battle Points:
    I'm going to be 100 with you, if you're thinking about doing 2 or 4 bar loops on Omni and slapping a price tag on it, i think you are, as Carlin once so elegantly stated, S.O.L. and J.W.F., shit outta luck and jolly well fucked xD.
    If, on the other hand, you plan to do longer pieces (1 min ish) with different instruments and variations throughout, I think people would value that a lot (if your piano skills are better than theirs xD). I'd honestly cop a pack if it were something more developed and go about it as I would flipping a "normal song"

6. 2GooD Productions

2GooD Productions

Its a fucking conspiracy!
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    I think people would be better off learning chord progressions themselves, just so they arent stuck with what they get. That said, I think the easiest money to make these days in music is from wanna be producers and artists, so with the right advertising, you could do well