OnyxOSO here :)

OnyxOSO

Hello, I go by OnyxOSO. I'm from Toronto, Canada, and have been making beats for a while now, and just want to start sharing them and connecting with other producers. I mainly produce hiphop, but other genres too based on what my mood is like. I haven't uploaded much yet but feed back is always appreciated :D

Here is my SoundCloud profile:

OnyxOSO

Welcome to the ILL! Very smooth beat. What kind of setup are you using?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using Ableton Live with a bunch of sound/sample packs and VST plugins I have collected over the years. I also use Sennheiser 380 Pros, and a roland a-49. Too broke for monitors and an audio interface just now lol.

OnyxOSO

That's cool, gotta start somewhere. Headphone are great until it comes to mixing though.

Yes definitely, gotta start small. How long have you been producing for? I checked out some of your beats, love the chill vibe to them. Do you use any analog hardware? Your beats have a nice vintage warmth to em. Do you have a personal SoundCloud?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Thanks man. For years, since '97. DJ'ing since '96. I use Maschine. Some of the beats on my page sound muffled because I put them that way LOL.

I had a Soundcloud but took it off because of their warnings plus now it's all changing, but I'm starting to put stuff on Youtube instead.

I'm in Montreal, btw. I was just in TO a few months ago, loved it. How's the beatmaking scene out there?

OnyxOSO

Thanks man. For years, since '97. DJ'ing since '96. I use Maschine. Some of the beats on my page sound muffled because I put them that way LOL.

I had a Soundcloud but took it off because of their warnings plus now it's all changing, but I'm starting to put stuff on Youtube instead.

I'm in Montreal, btw. I was just in TO a few months ago, loved it. How's the beatmaking scene out there?

Awesome man, you've probably seen the music industry evolve and change since the good ol days. What kind of warnings did you get on SoundCloud? And yes, YouTube is much more widely used and better for sharing content overall. I'm thinking of uploading to YouTube too, but I need to design some visuals and what not. Do you coach/teach music producers?

Beat-making scene is cool out here. Its mostly EDM and HipHop, and random rock bands here and there. I just wish there were more events for music producers. I still need to go to Montreal, I've heard great things, besides all of the crime, drugs and homeless people lol. Did you create this website?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Soundcloud gave me a warning once for using a sample plus I've heard of many others getting the same thing. I just don't want to rely on that as my main music display spot.

Yeah, IllMuzik right from the beginning :D Doing everything on here is my way of coaching and helping out.

Don't come to MTL, it's a terrible place! No, really, there's nothing to look at here for tourists unless you enjoy walking through endless construction zones.