One of my turntables is in the shop and I need to rant about terrible service!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Ok so at the beginning of June I brought my beloved Stanton 120.s Deck in as it was getting a bit wonky. One channel would cut out etc. I can replace it for $250 so I needed the cost to be below $175 for this repair to be worthwhile. But this is the deck that I made this record with http://drunkpedestrians.com/i-am-the-soundtrack/ and I love it, so I would rather keep using it.

At any rate, I called around and found a place that can repair it. So I brought it to them, the first week in June and the guy says we have a minimum bench fee to look at. So cool that's normal. Then he says, "So how will you pay for that" I was like what? I don't know it depends on when I pick it up. And he says "No you have to pay the bench fee now." WHAT So I have to pay for service before I get it? I mean I don't know if these guys are legit. Shit, Sweetwater didn't do this and neither did any of the computer places I worked at. So I tell him how lame it is and he says "Its a standard practice in our industry" of course I replied no its not. But I handed him my debt card and paid. BTW the bench fee was only $35 so whatever. Then I asked how long before you will know something and he says, "We will look at it in 2-3 weeks" WTF? Man I use this like everyday...uhh ok....so I call in three weeks and they HAVE NOT WORKED ON IT YET!! WTF....so the next week they take a look and call me. They say, we need a wiring harness so we will try and get that from Stanton and it needed a few other things....so I don't hear anything for TWO MORE WEEKS. Then they call and say, "Well we can't get it from Stanton but we have an old deck that we can pull the wiring harness out of" ok how much? They say around $165 total. Ok that works do it. So TWO WEEKS LATER I call back again and say "So where are we on this" and they say, we could not get the wiring harness from Stanton AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I KNOW THAT YOU CALLED ME....oh ok, well the tech is going to fix it the first week of august. FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Okay I know you don't want to hear this and I like to fuck with you, but your first mistake is you bought a Stanton turntable instead of Technics.

Second mistake is you didn't tell the guy to go fuck himself and get it done somewhere else. I wouldn't have paid that fee up front, hell no.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha ha

Well the Stanton 120 has way more torq than any Technics, that being said there are more resources for repairing a 1200, so I may go that route in the future. But trust me the 120 is an amazing deck.

As far as telling the guy to fuck off, they are literally the only place in town that would even touch it. I had no other option. Other than to not get it fixed and buy a new one.

LAME!