Once again, Rap music gets shut down

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So Kean University was set to honor Common for his song "Glory" with John Legend, but all of a sudden they pulled out. Why?

Because New Jersey state police (racist? @Cleverwon) somehow heard about Common's "A Song for Assata" back in 2000.

I'd like to know how the New Jersey cops found out about the Assata song. Makes no sense. Regardless, the university got heat from the cops so they shut Common down. I guess they're afraid he'll show up dressed in all black (scary) with his fist in the air and thousands of Black Panthers behind him?

Now we'll never know what EXACTLY happened with Assata Shakur killing a cop in the early 70's, but she's been sought since then when she fled to Cuba.

Common's track from back then is really dope, I always liked it. Good beat and lyrics.

They should've invited Dead Prez...hahaha...but seriously, they just on some un-patriotic, cop-killer, black power, rebel rousing nonsense. People just want to hear the music from the artist they love.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This shit still happens? I guess some acts should be banned on youtube though some rappers look stupid or useless thugs.