Ol' School

C

Cr!$!$

Who are some ol', ol' school artist that are rarely mentioned and hardly anyone now knows about but influenced music even in todays society? Hit me up if you know of any!

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
grandmaster theodore..

That's a hilarious name. MC Chester, DJ Herbert, Big Daddy Carlton...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
StressWon said:
yeah, but back then there was no need to have a name that sounded kind of tuff,,,dig? Nowadays, everybody is a tuff guy wit a tuff name.

that's right. back then it was about having fun an giving your best rap to the ladies. that's where the word rap came from btw.. it wasn't about rhyme's, it was smooth talk that you used to impress the ladies. nowadays you got Killer MC's playin games to lie an pimp the ladies!!! power corrupts completly

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
stetsosonic

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
He's called Grand Wizard Theodore actually and he invented the scratch. But yeah...

Kool Herc is THE founder of hip-hop, you can not even discuss that.

Grandmaster DXT influenced Alot of DJ's with his scratching on "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock.

Incredible Bongo Band, there's not One real B-Boy out there who hasn't danced to 'Apache'.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Vince said:
He's called Grand Wizard Theodore actually and he invented the scratch. But yeah...

Kool Herc is THE founder of hip-hop, you can not even discuss that.

Grandmaster DXT influenced Alot of DJ's with his scratching on "Rockit" by Herbie Hancock.

Incredible Bongo Band, there's not One real B-Boy out there who hasn't danced to 'Apache'.

word. I was peepin "Scratch" the other night,,,,,hotness

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
On a serious note. Vanilla Ice is playing here this Sunday, and I AM GOING TO SEE HIM.

If Vanilla is in town you gotta peep him, word to your mother.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
yeah, but back then there was no need to have a name that sounded kind of tuff,,,dig? Nowadays, everybody is a tuff guy wit a tuff name.

Okay, but come on, Theodore? It's hard to find a nerdier name. It'd be hard to battle rap with a name like that. Maybe that's why that ended, when battles started:thumb:.