Oh Shit ! Producers Nightmare !

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Basically this morning my PC completely died on me, i've lost all my beats as in everything i've ever made ! I know i should have mae back ups but my cd-writers been playing up for ages and ive never got round to getting another !
Really pissed at the moment, its still not working right so ive not been able to install my stuff again, im lucky to be able to get on here at the moment the screen is playing up as i type this !
Hopefully i'll sort it but if im not on for a while you know the reason ! Just thought i'd share my pain ! All this after breaking my foot earlier this week, wonder whats next lol ! ?
peace

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
oh damn... i'm sorry to hear that man, i hear you.. on that note, i'm going to save all my projects, .wav files, and songs to disc tonight...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
What happened exactly? My screen was all screwed up a few weeks ago (very old) - is yours flickering? Do you hear noise in the back of it?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fade said:
What happened exactly? My screen was all screwed up a few weeks ago (very old) - is yours flickering? Do you hear noise in the back of it?

yea cold i know what its like, i woz the same like oh i'll fix it next week or woteva and know im sat here with fuck all to show for months of work !
nah fade its not like the screen itself but sumthing in the computer but its making all the screen go wierd to ! just about to scan all my memory as i think somethings corrupt ! : S

woteva it is has fucked me off no end and made me want an MPC even more lol

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
As long as your hard drive is not the problem, the data will be recoverable. Even if you have to get a new computer you can just install the second hard drive in there to retrieve the info, although you may have to keep the directory structure the same in order for your sequencer program to find the sample files.

MadManBeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Damn homie i feel you...a year ago i lost a disk with like 80 somethin beats on that shit...they were beats i made on the triton...some of my best beats were on that shit, that incident left my ass salted.. but as far as computers, its a MUST to make back ups....for everyone who hasnt made any...do it NOW!!!!!! ull be sorry man, just like homeboy who started this thread....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Sorry Mark....Ive experienced this in the past too....I learned the hard way, and now i dont go more than a month without backing all my samples and beats onto a disc or usb-memory stick......Matter fact, right after it happened that day, i went and bought the thing with intentions of puting my music on it from now on.........You should either look into gettin one a those or a DVD burner and jus burn the entire bulk of info all onto one disc......Sorry again man,.....I kno the feeling.:(

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn! I feel you pain pot'na. I hope the best for ya. Hopefully you hard drive is recoverable. Damn if I won't make sure that my shit is updated on a regular basis.
Keep ya head up pot'na..... tonight this ones' for you!

M

MIKELABZ

U Can Still Grab The Harddrive Out Of It And Put It Into Another Computer.

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this reminds, probably i should back up my beats too. ...

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
heheheh i 've always been a backup freak... its maybe because me old pentiun at 133 had a 2gb hard drive :p

C

Carpe Diem

This has happened to me 3 times... Its been my Hard Disk everytime too, lost about 60 beats... Really takes the piss... The 3rd time it happened, last week, i made a copy of everything - samples, beats etc, like just 5 mins before it broke down!!! Something musta made me do it!!! So glad i did...

But keep ya head up mark, u will become a better producer from it, well, at least i did... It allowed me to be more creative and adventorous, not sticking to my standard style!!

Peace

Carpe

M

MIKELABZ

Carpe Diem said:
This has happened to me 3 times... Its been my Hard Disk everytime too, lost about 60 beats... Really takes the piss... The 3rd time it happened, last week, i made a copy of everything - samples, beats etc, like just 5 mins before it broke down!!! Something musta made me do it!!! So glad i did...

But keep ya head up mark, u will become a better producer from it, well, at least i did... It allowed me to be more creative and adventorous, not sticking to my standard style!!

Peace

Carpe

IF UR COMPUTER DID THIS 2 OTHER TIMES DONT THAT TELL U TO GET A NEW ONE?

C

Carpe Diem

MIKELABZ said:
IF UR COMPUTER DID THIS 2 OTHER TIMES DONT THAT TELL U TO GET A NEW ONE?

Lol... I know, but i had no money etc, so took it to the shop, they 'fixed' it.. blah blah blah...

But now this time im gonna get a whole new hard drive... Being away from making beats sucks BIG time!!! Stressing like crazy!!!!

Carpe

MR_P

!
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
Basically this morning my PC completely died on me, i've lost all my beats as in everything i've ever made ! I know i should have mae back ups but my cd-writers been playing up for ages and ive never got round to getting another !
Really pissed at the moment, its still not working right so ive not been able to install my stuff again, im lucky to be able to get on here at the moment the screen is playing up as i type this !
Hopefully i'll sort it but if im not on for a while you know the reason ! Just thought i'd share my pain ! All this after breaking my foot earlier this week, wonder whats next lol ! ?
peace

This has happened to me before too..... really crap feeling but you know that already.

I would suggest going to http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ and getting 2 SATA 160G drives and, provided your motherboard and processor in capable, RAID them in the mirror configuration. The mirror config writes to both drives at the same time so if one fails you can just pull it out, in theory. Its probably an idea to get a professional to raid the drives.

Also, if your starting from scratch, Ive never heard anyone ever say their Mac has crashed...... Those machines seem really stable.

Good luck in sorting it out whichever way you go and sorry your not in the comp.

Im also doing a backup when I get home now.

Peace Man

P

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for the replies, seems like it happens to most of us ! well im back up and running now it seems well my pc is anyway, i havent installed my music stuff yet so i won't be entering battle that ! but best believe im gonna get come out much improved pretty soon !

members online