November 24-28, 2010 - ROUND 4: Dacalion vs. CJ Beatz

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the best beat?

• Dacalion

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • CJ Beatz

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battle-that/battles/

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss this battle in here.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Went with CJ......that instrumentation is dope, what you use for VST? The last minute of that beat is CRAZY...Only gripe I have is they sound way too different. But dude.....

Dac..your skills on the turns cannot be denied. I wasn't a fan of the joint but the scratches made it sound tough......

CJ Beatz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Went with CJ......that instrumentation is dope, what you use for VST? The last minute of that beat is CRAZY...Only gripe I have is they sound way too different. But dude.....

Dac..your skills on the turns cannot be denied. I wasn't a fan of the joint but the scratches made it sound tough......

Thanks for the vote! I use a whole bunch of VST's too many to name, but here are a few KONTAKT 4 with sound libraries like Symphobia (Epic Horns, Orchestral Stuff), Battery for my drums, Sample Tank, etc...

As far as the end of the beat, thats actually a whole new composition, I wanted to bring two styles here, so I switched it up in the end to show some of my sample chopping skills.

Peace!

CJ

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
CJ - It was like you entered 2 beats, the change up at the 2 min was nice actually better then the first part IMO.

Dac - Im luving the stage feel your beat had. Kinda of like your at a concert.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
oooohh! This finna be down to the wire!!

Dac - dope bassline & cuts! coulda used some more instruments early on to keep my interest tho.

CJ - both parts were ill, agree with Oz tho the second part was butter! the vocal clips were icing on the cake..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, Oz nailed what I was shooting for...this beat was really made to give off that "live - in concert feel" to it and not so much a studio recording feel. Plus it's more of a head bopping, pump your fist, get the show started type beat than a groove joint. Nevertheless, CJ brought some nice flavor so props to his joint for sure. Definitely a nail biter here...lol =)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Props CJ, I gotta give it to you, your beat was dope bro. I don't know about you but I was sweatin some serious bullets. Whats really funny is that I actually thought about using a kung-fu themed beat as well but later changed my mind, how sick would that have been? Anyway, keep droppin that fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online