Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the BiggRome vs. Hardboiled battle in here.

dreddedblaze

ill o.g.
So far everyones beats have been very very good....

BiggRome- The intro sounded like some Star Wars scene haha, very cool. Ok, the beats dropped, sounds very much like a Gorrilaz style of beat, then the WHOA comes in, very nice. The horns could use a little more sharpness to them? They sound very muffled, which almost makes them sound too synthy. The kick was just a TINY bit too boomy, could've used more PUNCH than BOOM. Structure wise, this is pretty good, only kind of annoying thing about this beat is how you hide the bassline. I think it should be exposed, rather than hidden. Overall, this is pretty nice, definitely a good head knocker. Only suggestions I have is turn up that bass a little, or pump up the lower mid EQ part of it.

HardBoiled- WHOA, this beat came outta NOOOOO WHERE! Haha, very suprising begining. Ok, I can see where you were going with this beat, it's very 80's sounding which is MAD cool to me, only thing about it though is that it's missing that SPICE element in the drum patterns. Plus it's kind of choppy. I think there are just too many cymbals/hi-hats in this, maybe claves would've spice it up and made it sound a little more exotic, rather than hectic. The guitar line is mad hot, sounds like it came straight out of the Scarface movie. My only complaint here is that the cymbals are a little too loud and should be turned down a little so you can let that guitar/synth combo shine. Other than that, I think that if you add a little more variety to the beat (the switch up towards the end was CRAZY cool, some people won't listen all the way thru to this though to get to that part).

This was a really close one, but I'm gonna have to give it to HARDBOILED. MOSTLY because of the possibilities that the track holds, I feel if he had put a tad more work into it, it'd be something that I could hear on an album. BiggRome, you have a very complete track, but it was just missing that flare.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Thanks for the feedback dreddedblaze. Yeah, the beat is pretty much like my life, it needs a lot of work!lol.. I'll going to get back to that beat somtime fix the volume of the hi hats and cymbals

Status
Not open for further replies.