November 21-24, 2007 - ROUND 2: Hardboiled vs. Beatz101

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the BEST beat?

• Hardboiled

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Beatz101

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss this battle in here.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Got to go with beatz. Not as good as the first round IMO. Too much of the vocalist in this one,turntabling her in from time to time would have been the ticket in my opinon....I couldn't hear room for a possible Emcee. I don't know how much composing you did over the sample either. Only drum work maybe?

Couldn't get with that electric avenue joint. Just couldn't...I tried....but couldn't!

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I don't know how much composing you did over the sample either. Only drum work maybe?

I did more than you think. lol More than Drums. Those organs n' horns u hear in the verses last 8 bars, the pianos and Bass is all me. Im glad you couldnt really tell, thats the sound i was looking for. Sounds like the sample buts its not.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
beatz gets the nod but damn man i dont think i can ever hear a beat wit that sample again after the way bink kilt it on that new freeway album ... ill give u a pass though cuz that shit JUST came out this week lol ... naw the joint was tight ...... i was feeling hardbolied joint to it was just abit out of context for a beat battle. its kinda like going to a punk rock party and playing kirk franklin... good music, wrong crowd lol..

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
beatz gets the nod but damn man i dont think i can ever hear a beat wit that sample again after the way bink kilt it on that new freeway album ... ill give u a pass though cuz that shit JUST came out this week lol ... naw the joint was tight ...... i was feeling hardbolied joint to it was just abit out of context for a beat battle. its kinda like going to a punk rock party and playing kirk franklin... good music, wrong crowd lol..

Yeah i kno. Bink destroyed it. But since it dropped, i dropped my shit too like fuck it. Cuz i was concerned about all the singin' n' how kats will accept it like "Is it rappable..?". But Freeway rapped ova it, so why can't anybody else after u track it out. This is the third time Roc-A-Fella and i crossed paths this month.:mad: Im just glad all my shit sounds different from they shit enuff so its still sellable.

Steel Side

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn I like both. I'd have to say that hardboiled's track was an overall better produced track. 101 In my opinion that snare was rather loud. But you did kill that sample.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Props to everybody that voted and took the time to peep our beats.

Hardboiled came wit some different shit. It was extremely risky, especially for a battle where there is no time for a beat to grow on you or time to digest what u really heard. Its like u wanna drop ur REAL ahead of its time/crossover stuff you know in your heart is whats next, but most of the time its gonna go over everybodies head. And by the time the battle is over and u take that L, kats think back like "...ohhh dat shit was kinda hot when u think about it...." Or they hear some shit on the radio later and now everybody finally understands where u comin' from.

We should have a Pop/Crossover theme on a Beat This! Comp. I dunno if we did that already this year or what.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
way to go beatz 101!!! But i guess I can close this thread by saying that I voted for Harboiled. I got mad love for 101, but as you say, Harboiled beat was totally different. It's unfortunate that it is a hiphop battle with no theme. But I have to say that Harboiled's track is soooo close to what hiphop used to sound back in the days. What you hear today, all those synth and pitched samples are what the crowd is asking for to spit on'em. I respect every style, from yesterday, today and tomorrow. Hardboiled, props for your beat, its genius. This is a beat I know I will have to come back to hear it again. Its not a beat i'll say "its dope" but I'll only hear it once in my whole life.

Ash Holmz, you are interresting.

PG

Status
Not open for further replies.