November 19-22, 2008 - Finals: Scandal vs. Mathias Vee

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

Who has the BEST beat?

• Scandal

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Mathias Vee

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Listen to this battle here:
https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/battles.php

Voting will begin at around 8am ET, and will end at 8pm ET. No cheating!

Anyone can vote, as long as they're a member in the forums.

Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

You can also discuss the Scandal vs. Mathias Vee battle in here.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
To those that already voted, there was an error, the wrong beat for Scandal was used. If you want to change your vote, PM me.

Thanks.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Damn.....this is a stunner!

I gotta go with Mathias Vee on this one. That shit was grooving homie. Had me ready to "buss a move".

Both beats was sounding crispy. MAY THE BEST MANS BEAT, SONG, TRACK, BATTLE "however they wanna categorize it" WIN! GREAT COMP AND I ENJOYED LISTENING.

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
Scandal - Really liked the sounds you used in this joint, definitely put together perfectly. Dope!

Marthias - Pretty unique beat right here! The bass line is ill, and along with the background piano.

Overall I had to give it to Scandal, I felt his beat a little more.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
this is gonna be a close one!!

Scandal. Very dope beat here my dude! well put together, sonicly very well put together, good transitions, the works.

Mathias Vee. I could copy and paste what I just wrote for scandal.

I'm gonna have to relisten here and see what's good, I like them both.

I think i'm handin it to Mathias on this, the use of select instrumentation spaced out through out the beat (the horns in particular) as well as the guitar parts, that shit was flyin all around in my head. Reminds me of how I would have approached it so thats my deciding factor.

Much respect to both of you guys, great beats all around.

T

TheMost

Scanadal i ws rocking i was like ohhh this is gonna be tuff to beat but then i heard vee....

Intro had me waiting for the beat to drop, verse is funky, hook is realy good. Its a bit of a throwback to the mid to late 90s which is a era i loved so my vote goes to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.