New to producing. Some help?

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Whats up? I've been wanting to get into producing Hip Hop for a few years now and since you people on this forum seem to know what your talkin bout I was wondering if you could give me advice on gettin started in producing. I've been lookin into equipment and software for a minute now and have decided that I would prefer using equipment(drum machines, samplers ...) so could you tell me whats some good stuff for a beginner to buy? Not anything too expensive but not wack either. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you never produce something before, i wuold recommend, fist to try to do some beatz on your computer. Then, when it goes good, move to equipment, I did the same.
For the first I'd use the freeware Programs Tuareg (Chek download.com or so) and Fruity Loops. trust me, equipment ist mostly expensive, an MPC2000xl, or a EMU MP-7 cost in Europe about 1300€.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Cheers, I've been messin around with cubase and fruityloops demo for a while now but my computer is so slow it's just pointless. I'm just gonna save up and buy a nice PC and go from there, thanks for the advice.

Oh yeah, I did know Craig David, we went to the same school and he played for the same football team as my brother.:D

B

Briellz

The more you spend on equipment...the better your sound is going to be. The tuff part is learning it the first few months. LOL, I bought a "HOW TO PRODUCE" video on using the MPC 2000XL. It came in handy.

Just save your money and get something you really want. I suggest practicing on local retailers equipments before purchasing!

members online